Hey Xjet'ers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whydoitry said:
Depends on the number of planes in the deal. But no matter, union reps say the DAL is a no go. Ream didn't want to be a part of the low ball bidding war to take place there.

this is an interesting comment.......good for XJET on not getting into that bidding war , ie lowering the bar even more......kinda shines a light on the ones that do.....and how they always insist " its not us pilots....its our company" ........interesting thought...

I am quite sure pilots at certain companies would gladly toss banana peels in front of other pilots to take a upgrade in hopes of moving on......most of them will be stuck at those carriers for a career anyways.

Last edited:
EMB170Pilot said:
I think we have that baby locked in already :D

Next is huge growth for us with Continental:beer:

dude, why be a d0uche(can't believe they censor that one too)? seriously, do you really get your jollies from doing this stuff? go see a shrink.

Uncle Bunkle said:
And Truckdriver pulled this out of his @ss, so take it as you will...

So you think XJT won't submit a proposal to DAL?? If you are at XJT you better hope the XR's go to DAL because if they don't, XJT will start doing branded flying. I think everyone knows that the branded flying option is the "we don't have anything else to do but park the airplanes" option at XJT. It will lose money and hurt XJT if those planes don't go to another carrier under a CPA. If XJT management doesn't try to secure some DAL flying, then that is one more reason to think they have no clue what they are doing with the airplanes. If the announcement is that they are doing branded flying and sending some planes to Mexico, the stock will go down to around $3.

Last edited:
Whydoitry said:
Depends on the number of planes in the deal. But no matter, union reps say the DAL is a no go. Ream didn't want to be a part of the low ball bidding war to take place there.

Anyone else heard Ream or union say this?

dal757 said:
Anyone else heard Ream or union say this?

No. The only thing that is happening is the Charter ops negotiating and the contract extension talks. I think Ream would be foolish to not bid on the DAL flying. Ream not wanting to be part of the lowball bidding??? Every RFP is a lowball bidding war. That's what XJT is, a "contract" airline that bids on flying and the lowest bidder wins. whydoitry doesn't know what he is talking about. The only thing that looks certain at XJT is a contract extension, a few charter XR's, and the LR's going to Mexico to flown by Mexican pilots. That leaves about 40 XR's that nobody knows what to do with.

flyguy81 said:
sublease to other airlines?

Yes, 25 LR's are apparently going to be subleased to Aviacsa. That leaves 44 XR's that XJT has been trying to put at other airlines. American fell through. They lost the Midwest RFP. I'm sure they will bid on the DAL flying and possibly the Frontier flying. If the track record of losing deals continues, they say they will start their own branded airline serving cities pairs that are currently not served. Small market city pairs that would not support SWA or JBLU but could support a 50-seat jet. If they decide that is not a good deal, they could sublease them to another carrier instead of flying them in a branded operation and losing money. It would not suprise me to the XR's subleased to another carrier also. It would make more sense than flying them on your own and losing money. At least subleasing them would make money.

Based on all of this turmoil, I can't understand why people are going hand over fist to XJET? Is it true that they will not need to furlough if they can't find a place for these aircraft? People seem to be placing a lot of faith in airline management.

Latest resources

Back