Hey Xjet'ers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ROSWELL41 said:
Based on all of this turmoil, I can't understand why people are going hand over fist to XJET? Is it true that they will not need to furlough if they can't find a place for these aircraft? People seem to be placing a lot of faith in airline management.

Yes because people are bailing out left and right.

This just in:

From our FTD instructor: "Somthin's uup...(he talk like a texan shoud I guess) They want us to see is we can train 130 guys a month...":eek:

Now that's 90ish new hires and the rest is upgrades. And they are hiring like crazy in the trainning dept.

See ya Puck

Ps. yah, and all you doom and gloomers can say: that numbers only from Cal's taking 30 of our guys a month but I don't buy it. It's OK (deep breath, I know you hate it here) to say "Growth":beer:

The LR's to mexico is done deal, but theres a scape clause if we can find something for our pilots. They have been hiring a lot of new FO's and they have upgrade classes all the way up through December. December is planning to be the biggest block hour month ever for XJT. Make your own conclusion from there.

ratherbeflyen said:
The LR's to mexico is done deal, but theres a scape clause if we can find something for our pilots. They have been hiring a lot of new FO's and they have upgrade classes all the way up through December. December is planning to be the biggest block hour month ever for XJT. Make your own conclusion from there.

The Aviacsa Rumor is just that, Just a rumor till its on a press release. Could it happen? Yes Will it happen? Maybe, We will see. Also The fact that we are hiring more instructors and adding additional New Hire and Upgrade classes that werent planned is good news. Also the rumor of CAL taking around 30 people a month from XJT is very much true!! This I have confirmed. That doesnt count the many people we have going to all the other carriers out there that are hiring. I am carefully optimistic about the movement that is taken place now and should continue. JMHO

Superpilot92 said:
Also The fact that we are hiring more instructors and adding additional New Hire and Upgrade classes that werent planned is good news...

Also the rumor of CAL taking around 30 people a month from XJT is very much true!! This I have confirmed. That doesnt count the many people we have going to all the other carriers out there that are hiring...

Translation:

People are leaving XJT left and right.

They are having to bring on additional instructors and newhires.

It makes sense to me...don't see what there is to read into.

Good Luck Guys.

FlyinPiker said:
Translation:

People are leaving XJT left and right.

They are having to bring on additional instructors and newhires.

It makes sense to me...don't see what there is to read into.

Good Luck Guys.

Ok ya, you are right, we have over 30 people leaving a month that were captains and are going to CAL and SWA, Jetblue, Alaska, Airtran, Fedex, UPS. Dont really know how many FOs are leaving because unless they are senior to me i dont notice. CAL is going to be hiring about 30 people a month from XJT. YOu add that to the number of people going to other places, there is alot of movement going on here. Thanks for pointing that out.

I heard we're getting 747's to carry rubber dog$hit out of Hong Kong. This came from a highly reputable source in the training department.

IF WE DO BRANDED FLYING THE FOLLOWING IS TRUE:

Branded flying will not fail and is not comparable to FlyI...

We won't be flying out of anyone's HUB - we definatley won't be flying solely out of UAL's main East-Cost HUB and compeating with them.

We will still be making 10% profit over operating cost on 205 airplanes that will be flown for CAL, thus supporting the start-up costs of branded flying.

The E-145 has lower CASM (cost/available seat mile) than the CRJ-700 (on a pure aircraft vs. aircraft spectrum) and Horizon flys those on "branded" routes and has profitable RASM. Thus our RASM (revenue/available seat mile) should be somewhat high-yeild if we are flying non-hub on demanded routes... COS-SEA comes to mind (not that we will do that but it's an example route). Keep in mind CASM can change significantly from airline to airline due to things such as station, equipment (non-aircraft), contract services, and labor costs (to name a few). Thus my Horizon comparison my be favorable or unfavorable depending on how their cost-operating structure stacks up agianst ours.

Just thought I had a few interesting points to point out.

In respose to "everyone is leaving ExpressJet" I moved up 23 numbers between July and August one of those was due to an F/O leaving. So we're not exactly hemeraging ala TSA if you get my drift.

One thing that Horizon has, that I have no idea if ExpressJet has, is an extemely loyal customer base that is willing to pay a little more for the great service they get on Horizon. This includes free beer and wine, which may not sound like much, but it is amazing how many people find that as a huge plus to flying on Horizon. This willingness to pay a little more does help the bottom line. Having never flown ExpressJet I don't know what their service is like and certainly we all don't really know what they will offer on their own branded flying.

Latest resources

Back