• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey USAPA, Why So Quiet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Would you like apples with your oranges, sir?
No I think he ment aplles with his apples. Its THE SAME THING! you can throw fed ex and swapa in there too. Having worked for an ALPO airline before I can't for the life of me figure out why everyone is so in love with them.

No I think he ment aplles with his apples. Its THE SAME THING! you can throw fed ex and swapa in there too. Having worked for an ALPO airline before I can't for the life of me figure out why everyone is so in love with them.

There's a huge difference between being in love with ALPA and feeling utter disgust toward pilots who are trying to take with brute force what they were unable to obtain under a process that they previously agreed to. Even a scab doesn't pretend to be something other than what he is-these folks trying to cloak themselves in the mantle of Trade Unionism takes things to a whole 'nother level in my eyes.

as much as i disagree w/ what they did -= let's call the easties what they are - a large group of pilots who always did exactly what alpa asked of them and have lost in the seniority system they helped set up. They've seen other pilots at other carriers have much much better careers for no fault of their own- Other's managements have been better, but not the pilots.

It's our seniority system that's the real problem... This whole palestinian debate is just a symptom of a much larger problem... And there will be more........

The sad thing is that the US Air East guys will be operating under the LOWEST PAY RATES IN THE INDUSTRY. And it will last for years as they pay major legal bills trying to overturn an arbitrated award that can't be overturned.

With B737 & A320 FOs topping out at $85/hr and Captains at $125/hr, plus all their USAPA assessments and legal bills, they will be a poor poor miserable group. Now take those rates 5 years from now adjusted for inflation. You know that they will not have a new contract because they will be busy fighting the America West guys, instead of coming together and fighting management for a good contract.

Those US Air East guys are a sad group.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have to wait 2 years before they can vote ALPA back in? That place will either be a part of United Airlines, which would make all this irrelevant other than it will probably be a staple job now for the LCC pilots, or it will not exist at all 2 years from now.

Well there is no staple job as the new law was put into place because of our east problem children. I too think that a merger with UAL is well under way. I would then agree at that point give the east what they have been begging for. Fence their sorry a$$es in the east bases for 30yrs. If a base closes then they go to another EAST LCC base FIRST after that then where ever their seniority can hold based on the already done for a year now binding arbitration decision!!

WD.

If you think the USAir guys are scabs for giving ALPA the boot, then you'd have to call American pilots scabs, too.

Completely different animal in every regard.

WD.

No, you mean the 300+ upgrades the East stole from the West after having their butts saved from liquadation. AWA should have let US go under.

No truer words have ever been spoken!!!!

WD.

So then you admit that you are ticked off because you want the East side upgrades now not later?

Ahh No!! Here let me make it clear for you since you seem to be a bit drunk off the koolaid!! The process was underway, the east chose this process and would not deal at all just plain old DOH!! SO we go and you already know the rest.

Now their BS games have a ripple effect the hit everone. We will never ever share the same space. I won't operate an a/c with one of them in jumpseat! Safety thing you know!!

Now if they had be HONORABLE they would have see that more than double of their pilots would be out west and less than 200 west folk live out east.

Karma is a mutha and this will come back to haunt mark my words on that!!

WD.

The sad thing is that the US Air East guys will be operating under the LOWEST PAY RATES IN THE INDUSTRY. And it will last for years as they pay major legal bills trying to overturn an arbitrated award that can't be overturned.

With B737 & A320 FOs topping out at $85/hr and Captains at $125/hr, plus all their USAPA assessments and legal bills, they will be a poor poor miserable group. Now take those rates 5 years from now adjusted for inflation. You know that they will not have a new contract because they will be busy I tell you one thing fighting the America West guys, instead of coming together and fighting management for a good contract.

Those US Air East guys are a sad group.

And that is by far the most tragic fact in this whole sordid affair. They will be the lowest paid pilots, bar none, for a very,very long time. And for what ? I'll tell you one thing .Watching these guys piss and moan the next few years when USAPA fails to deliver any of the stuff they promised would be humorous if it weren't so tragic. What a sad bunch of bitter old men.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Basically, I think it boils down to this:

Many of the east FOs were captains at one point. In their minds nothing will be fair until they are back in the left seat. They believe that they are still captains on temporary displacement to FO. They want the seniority integration to reflect their positions as they were in the 1990s.

They don't care how they get back to the left seat as long as they do it...even if it means screwing over the West guys. The fact that they were going out of business means nothing to them. They think they are the center of the universe and damn anyone who disagrees.

They make statements like "I've sacrificed for this company for 20 years now and I deserve something!". You did get something in return...you still have a job. My favorite was "we've been getting screwed for so long now its your turn!".

They think that it is selfish and greedy of me to expect them to live up to a completely fair integration because it may keep them from getting back to the left seat as quickly as they feel they deserve.

Does this pretty much sum it up?

Latest resources

Back