• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey USAPA, Why So Quiet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You haven't been paying attention. The reason people are calling the Easties the S word is because the sole purpose of USAPA is to take advantage of the East's greater numbers to screw the Westies. ALPA Merger Policy exists to prevent exactly what they're trying to do. There's no picket line but their behavior is every bit as anti-union.

TWA is correct. Those Easties are trying to keep the West pilots from taking all the Captain seats on the East. Those scabs!

TWA is correct. Those Easties are trying to keep the West pilots from taking all the Captain seats on the East. Those scabs!

No, you mean the 300+ upgrades the East stole from the West after having their butts saved from liquadation. AWA should have let US go under.

You haven't been paying attention. The reason people are calling the Easties the S word is because the sole purpose of USAPA is to take advantage of the East's greater numbers to screw the Westies. ALPA Merger Policy exists to prevent exactly what they're trying to do. There's no picket line but their behavior is every bit as anti-union.

So let me get this straight. A group of people with the same common interests organized successfully to have the leverage to get what they feel is in their best interests and DID so. And yet they somehow are "anti-union".

Do you know what the word UNION means?

What bases were those upgrades in? Does the former West have a base there?

And before you start spouting off about 190's if and when we ever get a joint contract the West will be offered the seats according to the TA. Which I agree with btw.

That would be the 20 a month AWA was doing before they bought your bankrupt @ss. Oh, what was that you said, you hadn't had an upgrade or been profitable for 10+ years before the merger? How could that be since the East is the profitable side? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHA!

Not ALL the Captain's seats on the EAST, just those which there seniority can hold within the company. I realize this is a point of much confusion to many East of the Mississippi. I hope I've helped clarify it to you.

So let me get this straight. A group of people with the same common interests organized successfully to have the leverage to get what they feel is in their best interests and DID so. And yet they somehow are "anti-union".

Since you love Semantics...Let me introduce you to the words 'Binding Arbitration".

during WWII, 4 Nazi's and 1 Jew didn't equal successful "leverage"

Before you freak out, there is exactly NO difference.

Lamest argument yet....

EastAPA has one thing only... Numbers. They're arguments don't follow ALPA merger policy and didn't stand up to a test from a VERY EXPERIENCED ARBITER. So what's the next best thing? Get rid of the bargaining agent in hopes of trying again.

They'll lose again and they'll keep on losing until Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad, Krishna and the Rev. Moon tell them they got no argument.

Buddha will try to explain the difference between seniority and longevity, but they'll be too busy tellin' Jesus how he got the Beatitudes wrong, that the East and USAPA were supposed to inherit the earth and they intend to put the breaks on everything until they get a ruling from the big G himself (discarding Jesus' argument that he and G are one in the same).

They'll lose there too, but won't believe it and will still blame ALPA because G himself couldn't save their stupid Airline from its first BK and their hubris.

Scabs, terrorists, now Nazi's, I am sure glad the East is the only group to get "emotional", and or "irrational" about this whole thing.

Maybe this will help you guys out.
1. Have a meeting where you guys can vote on exactly which strategy you would like to use. You see claiming that all of us on the East are run by emotion and not as sound as the West really loses its meaning when in the same sentence you call us all names.
2. Once you have decided on the plan of attack, you can put out a memo to all the others.

3. This would help put forward your message of how the East pilots are all "irrational and emotional" and the West pilots are all saints driven by calm intelligent perfection.
or
You can call us every name you can think up.
You cant have both, you lose credibility.
I personally don't care which attack, as its become quite humorous, Nazi's? Terrorists? It will be interesting to see what you come up with next.
Have fun

Latest resources

Back