• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey USAPA, Why So Quiet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hate is not a logical methodology to find a mutual and progressive win win for all involved.

Hate is for the weak and emotionally ignorant.

Combined with conceding that thier own MEC was thier problem.

Who is responsible for their own MEC? ALPA National? GWB? Cactus pilots? Doug?

How'd the AAA MEC get into power and remain there? MIL coup? Illegal force?

Rez...really good post. I wouldn't disagree with anything you wrote.--(no sarcasm--I'm serious). It applies also to pilots who are forced to be placed together because their respective Company's elect to merge.

I would take it even further. The outcome of the seniority integration remains the collective result of the pilots. My opinion is that USAPA is a direct result of pilots who collectively removed, not only their MEC, but their CB Agent. Some would call that irresponsible. Another would say it's just a giant recall of their reps.

What this thread and all the others on this site have degenerated into is what you have posted regarding hate.

I like it so much I'll repost it:

Combined with conceding that their own MEC was their problem.

Who is responsible for their own MEC? ALPA National? GWB? Cactus pilots? Doug?

T8

Having worked for an ALPO airline before I can't for the life of me figure out why everyone is so in love with them.
They're just in love with the concept of a Union, while ironically pointing fingers at each other. They'll be fine. After Airways closes it's doors, I'm sure the pilots could go get jobs at every major that's hirin...er, Regional that's hir...um. Maybe they can get jobs driving trucks?

Another would say it's just a giant recall of their reps.

I don't hate you man. I think you're a moron for voluntarily forfeiting an incredible amount of career protection for yourself and myself (against my will!). There's a difference. You can spin it however you like so that you can sleep at night, but you guys f'd up bigtime. There were paths forward with ALPA, but USAPA has driven a cement wedge between us. It's not a union, it's a coup. You are on your own out there. Best of luck. We'll do everything in our power to protect the AWA interests through real unity. Hopefully the US Airways name will be merged away so we can be saved from ourselves....testify!

Hopefully the US Airways name will be merged away so we can be saved from ourselves....testify!

Amen............

I talked to a few U guys, and the big picture for the rational folks was that it wasn't an attempt to get the Nic aware changed, as it was to do "something" to get rid of the union they hated so much.

However, the folks I talked to did concede that it was their own MEC that f**** for the last couple of decades.

Then why not recall them ??? You know ,it's funny how much I've heard that same exact statement when I used to jumpseat on them when the topic came up for discussion. And when I asked them wny no one initiated a recall ,all I got in the way of a response was great mumbling and shuffling of feet and not much else in the way of a coherent answer. All those concessions in and out of BK court over all those years and not one recall attempt. Meanwhile, at my old airline ,we elevated recalls of our elected leadership to an art form for transgressions that paled in comparison. Go figure :rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Sorry Scab USAPA is about a staple job...that's it. I bet when you were getting double digit raises every year because ALPA got you Parity plus 1% you were loving them.

USAPAs goal is crystal clear to everybody. Stop wasting your time insulting our intelligence regarding your new impotent scab club.

Well said .

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:

This thread reads like a transcript form an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting of a bunch of overweight, frumpy divorcees commiserating about how life just isn't like their high school prom was back in the 70's.

Put the chocolate bonbons down and come to the gym with the rest of us. There is work to be done. ;)

There is work to be done

Mmmkay, but why won't they send me some stuff?

Who is my PHX rep? We had started Sec 6 negotiations before ALPA was 86'd and since USAPA now handles our negotiating committee, when will we know who they are and when will they begin to finish what ALPA started?

So many questions and yet nothing from USAPA. They said they were gonna' have it all ready for us and that they would hit the ground running.

Its like they beat ALPA and evaporated. I think I'll sign up just so I can personally bring the DFR suit.
Of course to sign up I need some information perhaps maybe an outline of my union's officers responsibilities might be too much to ask, but since USAP-US was founded for one thing only, I don't think much work will get done out west.

Latest resources

Back