• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey Colgan!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In that letter he mentioned that we have a close relationship and that we would not be able to negotiate our pay and rules directly with them anymore.

Did anyone else on here know that we could negotiate anything? Is anyone else on here close with the Colgans? Do they really think that we don't know the weakness' in our work rules and treatment?

crazy how insulting that letter was. From what I have heard from most people the letter had the opposite effect and just made them want to rush to get the union even more.

Last edited:
what about that letter from mike yesterday? some of that didn't even sound legal...i guess free speech and all, but dang. let's just keep it in the family, ha!

the best quote though - "If you sign that card, it may lead to giving away your right to represent yourself and talk to the company directly about your wages, the hours you work and your working conditions."

are you kidding me?

colgan pilots did complain about their pay mr. colgan. quit rehashing old form letters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In that letter he mentioned that we have a close relationship and that we would not be able to negotiate our pay and rules directly with them anymore.

Did anyone else on here know that we could negotiate anything? Is anyone else on here close with the Colgans? Do they really think that we don't know the weakness' in our work rules and treatment?

crazy how insulting that letter was. From what I have heard from most people the letter had the opposite effect and just made them want to rush to get the union even more.

We most certainly did not negotiate the Q400 payscale that is for sure. Or howabout that Policy and Procedures booklet, who from the pilot group help negotiate that? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone...

Oh yeah, how about the last time you checked out, and they "drafted " you on your day off to cover their poorly staffed, No reserve airline. I wish I would have known All I had to do was was exercise my two way communications with management to air my grievence. I missed my brothers bachelor party! Communication is two way, when is the last time anyone, got asked how you like your wages, quality of life, days off, hours worked, schedule, Telephone calls during reduced rest periods, etc...
If Colgan wants to stave off a union, they better start talking to our pilot group, and not sending semi-threatning letters bragging about rights we do not have!

If Colgan wants to stave off a union, they better start talking to our pilot group, and not sending semi-threatning letters bragging about rights we do not have!

I haven't talked to a single pilot who didn't think that letter was completely out of touch with the pilots. I think the truth comes down to two possiblities

1. They don't have any idea what is going on with their pilots
2. They think we are stupid and that we have no idea what goes on in the
industry outside of Colgan

AS IF WE DON'T KNOW WHAT A UNION IS OR WHAT IT DOES.

I haven't talked to a single pilot who didn't think that letter was completely out of touch with the pilots. I think the truth comes down to two possiblities

1. They don't have any idea what is going on with their pilots
2. They think we are stupid and that we have no idea what goes on in the
industry outside of Colgan

AS IF WE DON'T KNOW WHAT A UNION IS OR WHAT IT DOES.

Yes, they think are heads are in the sand.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back