• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey Colgan!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone knows that the pinnacle guys have it rough. HOWEVER lets compare the union shop that has it tough to the Colgan non union work rules and benefits

Colgan: No paid uniforms, No dry cleaning or luggage expenses paid for, No per diem, Expensive health insurance, 2 hour reserve pay, no min pay, 1 hour call out on reserve, heavily scrutinized if you call out sick, difficult to commute to bases, no commuter clause, no 401k matching, no grievance process.

Pinnacle: half uniform is paid for, dry cleaning allowance, reasonable health insurance, 3:45 min pay, 2 hour call out, perdiem, hub bases, grievance process, 401k matching.

If the Colgan management wants to stop the union drive they need to address the issues and not use propoganda.

Ok...PCL has half a uniform pay, nearly double the min pay, double the call out, per diem, hub based, a grievence process, regardless of how long it might take, but better then another F-n memo or a "handbook" that is nothing more then a take it or leave it....and the company can STILL pick and choose whether or not to pay you for what they said they would from their own damn book. I know which way to vote.....

Suupah.... well put 2 beers on me :beer:

V1

Pesonally, I like the guys in BHB. However, they have personal agendas and do not represent the typical regional pilots. I never saw one of those guys be asked to rent a car with his own credit card or get screwed with like most Colgan pilots. I've been informed that they are doing meetings with the cp to discuss ALPA (read threaten). Many love to ask about alpa's acomplishments recently. Regretably, I must respond with a speculation of what situations may be like if ALPA were not there. By itself, ALPA is not a solution, but it is a good tool. The Colgan pilots are the solution.

what about that letter from mike yesterday? some of that didn't even sound legal...i guess free speech and all, but dang. let's just keep it in the family, ha!

the best quote though - "If you sign that card, it may lead to giving away your right to represent yourself and talk to the company directly about your wages, the hours you work and your working conditions."

are you kidding me?

That's hilarious!

That's what a union does Mr. Colgan!

It's called group representation. The all or none mentality, but I get he doesn't like that idea.

the best quote though - "If you sign that card, it may lead to giving away your right to represent yourself and talk to the company directly about your wages, the hours you work and your working conditions."

are you kidding me?

They are telling the truth here. There is a provision that allows a union to petition the NMB for certification based on the initial cards. To date, I don't believe that the NMB has ever certified a union without an election. Could be wrong though, and I'm sure someone from Atlanta will be along shortly to give an example of where it has happened.

what about that letter from mike yesterday? some of that didn't even sound legal...i guess free speech and all, but dang. let's just keep it in the family, ha!

are you kidding me?

Bwahahaha. I would want to sign the card for sure now. Let me tell you, from what I have seen and experienced it's much better with a union. You can put pay aside (although thats important as well) the work rules alone can make a union worth it, and I'm a former Colganite.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back