• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey Colgan!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where is my free food? Colgan is winning so far with free gifts. Get me a Ipod nano or something. Something better than a plastic cup and tshirt ( i never got the plane that really pisses me off)

Look....its business as usual....meaning....

We Don't want you to Unionize....But we will Jr man the hell out of you
We Don't want you to Unionize...while we refuse to pay you what our own manual said we would
We Don't want you to Unionize....while we get new airplanes and pay you
less then industry standard while living at one of the most expensive places on the planet
We Don't want you to Unionize....but we have one hour call outs while sitting reserve
We Don't want you to Unionize.....whilel we only pay 2.0 for areserve day
We Don't want you to Unionize....when the bidding system means nothing.....
We Don't want you to Unionize....while you chew your ass for following FAR 65 with a sick call when we couldn't plan ahead and have reserve coverage
We Don't want you to Unionize......when a 5 year check airmen sits reserve after a 5 day trip..... because Jr guys are line holders.....
We Don't want you to Unionize.....while your senority means nothing
We Don't want you to Unionize.......blah blah blah....Business as usaul......their words not ours.....

V1

word up homie g funk. Good to see the G-dub back with great words o' wisdom. We were missing something around here!

I think you pro-union guys are a little mis-informed. Getting a union on property is not going to make the guidelines a contract. The company will be able to change policy at their free will until a ratified contract is in place. My company has a union with no first contract yet, and the union is absolutely powerless. The company just issued a new bulletin saying company policy has changed, and there is nothing I or the union can do. Our union has been on property for almost 4 years and we still don't have a contract. All I do is pay 55 bucks a month for nothing. Now that being said, we are getting closer to our first contract, and when we do our lives should be much better. But don't be mis-lead into thinking having a union on property is going to make the company accountable, and things will be better overnight. Thats not how it works. I am very much pro-union, and I love anything that protects us from our screwed up management. I think if Colgan gets a union, a few years from now the quality of life could be a lot better. Just dont be fooled into thinking it will be better overnight. Good luck Colganites.

I think you pro-union guys are a little mis-informed. Getting a union on property is not going to make the guidelines a contract. The company will be able to change policy at their free will until a ratified contract is in place.

This is not correct. The company is able to change pay/work-rules, but only under certain circumstances. The company would have to be able to show that the decision is a necessary decision to protect the viability of the company. For instance, if Colgan were to lose 10 airplanes without any replacements, the company would be able to change things because their profits would take a huge dip. Or, if the company were to enter bankruptcy, they would be able to change things to protect the solvency of the company. Barring some sort of similar event, the company cannot just change your pay and workrules at a whim after a union is certified. To do so would be considered union-busting activities, and the law clearly does not allow for it.

ihateyourego, good points however, there is a BIG wildcard with that rational.

Colgan and Pinnacle are contractors to bigger carriers. Continental bought, financed and is paying A LOT of money for these airplanes to have them flown by their contractors. If Colgan has a union but no contract that leaves a lot of questions with the pilot group. Who is not to say that Continental would apply pressure to Pinnacle/Colgan to meet Colgan ALPA at the negotiating table to take ANY questions out of the equation, set up a contract to provide for pay, QOL issues and allow for a seamless integration and start up of this new fleet type?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back