Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2006 - 383 hired
2007 - 229 hired
2008 - we have hired 190 through July 7, this year.

Flight Safety is the weak link from what I have heard. Quicker the training facility opens the better for everyone.

FlightSafety is not the weak link - at least in the XL/S program. NJA has cancelled 16 initial training slots over the past 4 months (including an entire class of 10) and a total of about 30 recurrent training slots in Aug and Sep - and those cancellations are for CMH only. We have more capacity available than NJA can currently fill.

CL

PS - yes, there will be outside clients using the new training center but they will be few and far between.

How can you fail recurrent?

No effort I guess?

You would be amazed at how many guys will show up to a recurrent checkride and barely be able to stumble thru the memory items. I mean come on, even if you don't look at them for 6 months, you have 5 days once you start to memorize them again.

No reciepts? No problem. No per diem... until T and E gets "theirs".

Not true. I've held off on sending in receipts for over a month. I always get my per diem within days of submitting that report no matter the status of any report with receipts on it.

Half truths always help a circular argument.

What's worse? Scanning receipts to create an E-Record of them or having T and E lose your receipts and still hold you accountable for finding new ones.

No reciepts? No problem. No per diem... until T and E gets "theirs".

I have a copy of every hotel receipt I have ever submitted since 2002. One goes to the company and one goes in a 3 ring binder. Every January 1st the last year goes into the file cabinet. Not rocket science. I can file a tours worth in the amount of time you can scan one.

FlightSafety is not the weak link - at least in the XL/S program. NJA has cancelled 16 initial training slots over the past 4 months (including an entire class of 10) and a total of about 30 recurrent training slots in Aug and Sep - and those cancellations are for CMH only. We have more capacity available than NJA can currently fill.

CL

PS - yes, there will be outside clients using the new training center but they will be few and far between.

Can anyone verify this??? If true, why are they 3 months behind in the hiring process???

-CaKe

Can anyone verify this??? If true, why are they 3 months behind in the hiring process???

-CaKe

Shoot me a PM and I'll send my contact information and I'll verify it however you'd like. I have the exact dates and slots they cancelled on my desk at work. Like I said, this was for the XL/S program in CMH only - I have no idea what is happening with the other fleets. It is entirely possible that there are shortages for other aircraft types but I can confidently say that isn't the case for the XL/S (absolutley positive), Ultra, G200, and DA2000. I have seen interviewees in the building so I know for a fact that they are interviewing again.

It is definatley getting better but NJA has never been particularly good at forecasting their training needs. In their defense, it is almost a guess on their part how the bids are going to turn out - sometimes they guess right, sometimes they guess wrong.

Latest resources

Back