• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here we go FedEx guys...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To quote the offer. (Not to confuse anyone this was the May offer)

"After more than a year of negotiations, FedEx Corp. has offered its pilots tens of millions in signing bonuses if they will agree to an annual 3 percent raise and no other changes to their 1999 contract.

Although aviation analysts call the offer "innovative" and "promising," union officials Wednesday said it is unacceptable because it does not address job and retirement security, among other issues. They they plan to negotiate as if nothing happened."

I love the fact that analysts call it "innovative". Hate to see what a mundane offer would look like. I guess it is innovative in the fact it is non-existent, and it took only a year to come up with.

I have a feeling the company had every intention to file for goverment help from the begining. Pay rates are still the same, work rules are still the same, etc, etc...exactly what the company wants. There is no telling how much longer this thing will get dragged out but as far the company cares, they don't.

What we do have going for us are the numbers, those are things the company can't really fugde per say for FCC reasons.

They wanna play ball, I have my bat and plan on using it.

BUT FOR CRYING OUT LOAD TAKE YOUR VACATION AND KEEP YOUR DAYS OFF!!!

No VLT,DFT, or selling vacations backs seems like the perfect thing to show support for the union. Doing 100% of your job should be enough don't you think!

MemTrash said:
No VLT,DFT, or selling vacations backs seems like the perfect thing to show support for the union. Doing 100% of your job should be enough don't you think!

Now there is a post I agree with 100%. 100% of your job and NO MORE!:)

Enough of this posturing... Our proposals to The Company via the negotiating committee account for less than 1% (ONE PERCENT!) of the Company's revenues last year. (Think about it over the life of a contract.) Utilize whatever accounting procedures, or bean-counter "smoke and mirrors" that you wish to evaluate that statement, (profit/income/revenue), regardless, the truth is that while we unquestionably sympathize with the plight of the industry as a whole, and our close friends at other airlines in particular, the fundamental truth is simple:

We as a company are exceptionally profitable, even in these challenging times, and recognition of our contributions should not only be acknowledged, but rewarded with benefits reflecting our efforts.

Extremely high fuel prices are a consideration, however, fuel is not fundamentally significant considering the unique situation that FedEx is in since it can offset transient fuel prices with surcharges.

Lack of profitability or bankruptcy at passenger carriers (while troubling) does not have any bearing on our unique situation what-so-ever.. The issue really comes down to control...because the Company can afford twice what we are asking, give raises to all other groups contributing to the success of FedEx, give stock dividends to shareholders, continue the expansion into new markets, AND remain profitable...All of these things and more..

The modifications to our contract should be commiserate with the profitability of the Organization, and we should accept nothing less. Instead of questioning what we know to be reality, we should simply consider the numbers and stand by what we truthfully feel to be reasonable under our unique set of circumstances...I am not in the Union leadership, but feel that we as individuals should consider backing off the draft and open time for a few months. It may be in our best interests to apply some level of pressure sooner rather than later. That's my personal perspective, and what I'm choosing to do...

de Pez said:
Enough of this posturing... Our proposals to The Company via the negotiating committee account for less than 1% (ONE PERCENT!) of the Company's revenues last year. (Think about it over the life of a contract.) Utilize whatever accounting procedures, or bean-counter "smoke and mirrors" that you wish to evaluate that statement, (profit/income/revenue), regardless, the truth is that while we unquestionably sympathize with the plight of the industry as a whole, and our close friends at other airlines in particular, the fundamental truth is simple:

We as a company are exceptionally profitable, even in these challenging times, and recognition of our contributions should not only be acknowledged, but rewarded with benefits reflecting our efforts.

Extremely high fuel prices are a consideration, however, fuel is not fundamentally significant considering the unique situation that FedEx is in since it can offset transient fuel prices with surcharges.

Lack of profitability or bankruptcy at passenger carriers (while troubling) does not have any bearing on our unique situation what-so-ever.. The issue really comes down to control...because the Company can afford twice what we are asking, give raises to all other groups contributing to the success of FedEx, give stock dividends to shareholders, continue the expansion into new markets, AND remain profitable...All of these things and more..

The modifications to our contract should be commiserate with the profitability of the Organization, and we should accept nothing less. Instead of questioning what we know to be reality, we should simply consider the numbers and stand by what we truthfully feel to be reasonable under our unique set of circumstances...I am not in the Union leadership, but feel that we as individuals should consider backing off the draft and open time for a few months. It may be in our best interests to apply some level of pressure sooner rather than later. That's my personal perspective, and what I'm choosing to do...

Agree 100%.

Ok, just read the Union email and it sounds like the next 10 days will be a key deciding factor. I hope the pilot group keeps the faith and holds the line. One thing is for sure though, NO concessions are warranted! The company can stick their PR spin machine crap up the tailpipe.

Question...because I'm as familiar as others on the process...once you are in national mediation, do the two groups continue any talks at all or is it totally in the governments hands and communications halt?

sandman2122 said:
Beats me, curious what offer was made last week. This is probably the "October Surprise" our MEC Chairman mentioned to expect....

Sandman,

Focus man!! FOCUS!!!

You must tell us who the chick is in your avatar!!!

DK

Latest resources

Back