• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here we go FedEx guys...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, OK, the chick in Sandman's avatar is my girlfriend in Memphis. Don't tell my wife. I met her at Platinum Plus the night before my sim check, right around closing time. Does this mean we'll be in mediation for two years? It's funny how the company says we have an industry leading contract. According to my calcs, we don't have a contract at all right now. If this was training camp, we'd be holding out!

I wish you guys would hurry up and get your contract done. Come on, whats the hold up... LOL

You see, UPS is incapible of being an industry leader, we need you guys at FedEx to get the job done first so we have a model to follow...

4 years and patiently waiting...

sandman2122 said:
Just think about it next time the company offers DRAFT, Advanced Volunteer and $$$$ for cancelling YOUR vacation.......

FedEx Express Requests National Mediation Board Assistance

Just thought this needed to be reposted. The money just is not worth it. You are hurting youself, your family, your union, and your fellow pilot by doing any of theses things and helping the company that is trying to screw you!

Lets get this next contract inked first, then if you want to go out and be a whore and work yourself into the ground have at it!

My vacation has been a wonderful experience for my family. I'm sure that I'll take full advantage of any time I have scheduled off for quite some time. As much time as we spend away from home, I can't overstate the value of spending not only quality, but a considerable quantity of time with your loved ones. Nobody ever died wishing they had worked more.

Enjoy your days off!

I don't know if there is anything to this, but does anyone else find it interesting that this announcement came right about the same time the Polar pilots ratified their new contract? Perhaps the company feels that now that they don't have contract problems over there, they can use our Polar brotheren to move the freight in case of a work action? I think that would be a gross miscaluculation by the company.

The nerve of Rebholz! Can't believe this guy emailed us directly, he has me so fired up I can't wait until peak!

FedEx Express asked the National Mediation Board to begin mediating our negotiations with ALPA in an effort to reach an agreement that is fair and reasonable to all concerned.

What he really meant to say was fair and reasonable TO THE COMPANY!

Our efforts to reach a contract included two comprehensive proposals with significant enhancements for FedEx pilots.

I only know of ONE proposal. And I think he really meant to say 'with minimal enhancements'. What is his definition of significant???

In May we made an offer that covered all the sections of the contract

All sections??? How about ONE section! All else remained the same.

Like our proposal in May, our latest contract offer included an industry-leading package of compensation, job security and retirement benefits.

If it was so good why didn't the MEC even present it to the members? Industry leading my a$$.

TonyC said:
My vacation has been a wonderful experience for my family. I'm sure that I'll take full advantage of any time I have scheduled off for quite some time. As much time as we spend away from home, I can't overstate the value of spending not only quality, but a considerable quantity of time with your loved ones. Nobody ever died wishing they had worked more.

Enjoy your days off!

No tonyc., but our Corp Elite will die wishing THEY worked US more! :)

I guess you guys didn't see how fast the disputed pairings disappeared this month. I hope all of those knuckleheads enjoy flying MEM-EWR-FRA.
If guys aren't smart enough to leave the disputed pairings alone, what makes you think they're smart enough to crack open a beer while answering the Draft phone call from Crew Scheduling. . .
We're going to be screwing around with this contract for another two years. . .

PurpleTail said:
The nerve of Rebholz! Can't believe this guy emailed us directly, he has me so fired up I can't wait until peak!.

PurpleTail,

Consider not getting so fired up....

RLA negotiations are political agenda's. There is going to be lots [more] trash talkin'. Both sides will wave thier Sabers and use name calling. It is all part of the game.

Support your MEC. Let the players play the game and when it comes time to vote... VOTE! Vote your family, your wallet, your quality of life and your future.

Also, keep in mind, don't try and negotitate directly with the company with your one vote. Because if you vote down your TA becuase of a small core of issues, then the NC goes back and re-does the TA. Now another sub group of pilots will vote the TA down. The NC can't make everyone happy. Look at the TA as a whole, with its good points and bad.. do the math and if the bottom line is a positve value..vote yes.

Strike? Don't think so. Is the FedEx pilot group ready to walk away from the job [for good]? It looks like Fred is trying to use the current industry woes to say, see how my pilots are unreasonable! Your MEC/NC has its own tactics... let 'em play thier games while you safely fly jets.

Good Luck, the pilot profession is counting on Purple and Brown to obtain next level contracts to use as a negotiating reference in the next few years.

Purple and Brown always welcome on the jumpseat....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back