• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hello Ual Goodbye Usappy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not necessarily. USAPA is now the official bargaining agent for the entire LCC pilot group. If they fail in DFR, the AWA guys can still sue USAPA and the USAPA officers.

You really need to think about what you just said. If you do not pay dues to the union you have no legal right to sue the union for a DFR if you are not a member of that union.

If you do not join you can not sue. Ask you high priced lawyer.

All the grandiose explanations of usapa are bs. The only reason it was voted in is because a few guys somehow convinced 2700 usair fools that usapa would overturn the Nic.

Has nothing to do with ALPA.

It was all about a do-over, plain and simple.

You really need to think about what you just said. If you do not pay dues to the union you have no legal right to sue the union for a DFR if you are not a member of that union.

incorrect...USAPA is still the legal bargaining agent for all Airways pilots and now inherits the responsibility to represent all of their pilots fairly, members or not. As they are surely finding out, they can be sued quite easily.

I would tell you to ask your high priced lawyer, but judging from past practice, he will simply tell you whatever you want to hear and then let you live with the consequences.

Last edited:

How did an idiot like you ever get behind the controls of an F15? Just try and remember when you screw up now you don't have an ejection seat.

USAPA has a responsibility to represent all in the same craft and class, not just members. Failing to adequately represent someone will lead to lawsuits, regardless of membership status.

All the grandiose explanations of usapa are bs. The only reason it was voted in is because a few guys somehow convinced 2700 usair fools that usapa would overturn the Nic.

Has nothing to do with ALPA.

It was all about a do-over, plain and simple.

Do you think ALPA has your interests in mind. My first ALPA red flag came when I was with eastern and Hank Duffy (a delta pilot) was president. for some reason other carriers hired us Eastern Pilots however the PRESIDENT of ALPA could not help at his own airline. This is not directly related to this thread however for me it was the beginning of what is now 19 years on ALPA membership with not much to show for it. In the unfortunate event of UAL/US merger I would certainly not vote to keep ALPA. I would prefer in house where I know the union has my fellow pilots interests at heart and is not in conflict with the regional pilots wishes. UAPA

You just proved my point:

I KNOW usapa does not have my best interest in mind. In fact they are trying to screw me and 1700 other pilots they represent.

I don't like ALPA anymore than anyone else. But at least they are doing some good (safety, security, etc.). usapa has nothing. Zero, nada. They are not a union in any sense of the word, it's simply an attempt at a redo. They've done a good job at passing this off as a shot at ALPA, and a lot of people are buying it. In reality though it's entitlement. Plain and simple.

Could be as simple as a Lawyer Representing the West Pilot Group suing usapa (the east pilot group) for not living up to the agreement that they as the east group agreed to before going to Binding Arbitration. Certainly you can see where the Leaders of this effort to circumnavigate the Nicolau Award would have reason to be concerned.

Fast

Latest resources

Back