• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hello Ual Goodbye Usappy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And how do you arrive at that conclusion?

Merging UAL's list and LCC's Nic list will insulate UAL from the DOH argument that petrified UAL in the past. The Nic list will not work if a DOH argument is attempted by the group the east calls a union.

Fast[/quote]

Ok, I'll take a stab at this. I'm telling you up front I've no info on the United list - but here goes.

Right now ' save dave ' has about 1000 (or so) East pilots junior to him. On a relative merge that would equate to approx 1200 United pilots junior to a 2005 hire date.

So that's the first problem.

The bottom UAL Captain is Feb 1998. I don't know how many pilots off the bottom he/she is but didn't United average about 400 hires per year? Call it 4 years of hiring so the bottom Captain is about 1600 numbers up the United list.

So, the most junior AWA pilot will be merged into the United list about 400 numbers from upgrade which is our second problem.

Third: the ratio with USAirways/AWA was about 1 to 1 so if we ratio United through those 400 numbers from dave to upgrade there will be 200 East and 200 West pilots till we arrive at the bottom United Captain. So, a pilot 200 numbers from the bottom of the AWA list with a 2004 doh will be senior to United Captains.

Fourth: the rest of the AWA list of about 1500 pilots ( 88%) will all be ratioed in as Captains on the United list.

Then again, I see the junior Captains at AWA have hire dates of 1998 as does the bottom UAL Captains.

Am I wrong here?

Last edited:
1) Dave has been here over 3 years. Having 1000 people below him, the majority of which were furloughed 3 years ago with no expectation of returning is PERFECTLY ok.

2) I'll tell you right now your assumptions are flawed, regardless, Dave being at a place on the list where upgrade might happen in 3 or 4 years was exactly his expectation 3 years ago. Upgrades were 6-8 yrs depending on when people took them (i.e. reserve or line)

3) What are you smoking? Do you have any concept of relative seniority at all? You can't take flawed assumptions and then pass them off as fact to suit your agenda...although you guys have become quite good at just that.

4) 88% ratioed in as captains? Thanks for the laugh troll. You've obviously learned NOTHING in the past 3 years.

Remember, integrity matters. And the only remotely useful number in your above post is 88% - that's the percentage of AWA pilots you'd like to have as your furlough fodder by using doh with cond & restr.

We don't have access to a seniority list but I question whether there really are 1000 junior to Dave. There were 1800 AAA furloughees and I've heard 600 came back and I've heard 300 came back -- the discrepancy coming from those who showed up for class to collect their payout then left. Perhaps somebody can provide hard numbers as to exactly how many furloughees returned.

I would put my money on Eaglesview not being a united pilot...he only has 20 posts and they all started a couple weeks ago RE united/us air and are all pro DOH....hmmm.

What a total waste of time this site has become....

I'll take that bet I n eed easy money...

A 320 cap
ORD
DOH 1/14/91
Seniority number 2704 as of today

I agree that USAir pilots do have an image problem which they need to improve on. A lot of that is from the bs ALPA published.
it's not their image that is the problem. Their "union" is based completely on representing only a portion of their pilots. They are currently trying to rearrange a seniority list that staples around 2000 of their own pilots. Of their 70+ committee positions they only want less than FIVE of those to be filled by the westies.

I'm sorry, but USAPA's bs comes from nobody but themselves. I don't care what you think of ALPA, at least they aren't actively working to gut your seniority while excluding you from any decision regarding your career.

If this ridiculous merger actually goes through, USAPA will be gone in a heartbeat. I don't think the majority of United pilots want to be goverened by first officer bradford and his "DOH" garbage.

What?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back