Hello Ual Goodbye Usappy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You just proved my point:

I KNOW usapa does not have my best interest in mind. In fact they are trying to screw me and 1700 other pilots they represent.

I don't like ALPA anymore than anyone else. But at least they are doing some good (safety, security, etc.). usapa has nothing. Zero, nada. They are not a union in any sense of the word, it's simply an attempt at a redo. They've done a good job at passing this off as a shot at ALPA, and a lot of people are buying it. In reality though it's entitlement. Plain and simple.

I agree that USAir pilots do have an image problem which they need to improve on. A lot of that is from the bs ALPA published. That aside when I show guys I am flying with the nic award and show them the lopsided award they understand why they did what they did. A nic type award would not fly here (ual) either.

I agree that USAir pilots do have an image problem which they need to improve on. A lot of that is from the bs ALPA published. That aside when I show guys I am flying with the nic award and show them the lopsided award they understand why they did what they did. A nic type award would not fly here (ual) either.

Sorry you find FACTs "BS". After an arbitrator hands down his award, an award that was entered into as a result of binding arbitration, nobody gives a damn if it will "fly" at your airline. It's too late, it's over. it's the Law. No childish antics...like simply changing your name will not work.

Eaglesview,

Could you illuminate for us how exactly it is lopsided.

I guess you would agree with the AAA opinion of the award since it would seem that your "Career Expectations" are rapidly starting to resemble those of the AAA pilots in May 05. Those attitudes must come with the territory.

Fast

Are you saying you'd be happy with a DOH integration with the USAir Easties? Really?

TWA Dude, if it comes down to a merger I think you'll find the United/ US Airways lists to be pretty compatible.

Put another way, the Nic award will be just as problematic to the United pilots as it is to the East.

I see the junior Captain at United is a 1998 DOH can anyone from United tell me how many pilots are below him/her on their list?

I would put my money on Eaglesview not being a united pilot...he only has 20 posts and they all started a couple weeks ago RE united/us air and are all pro DOH....hmmm.

What a total waste of time this site has become....

Put another way, the Nic award will be just as problematic to the United pilots as it is to the East.

quote]

And how do you arrive at that conclusion?

Merging UAL's list and LCC's Nic list will insulate UAL from the DOH argument that petrified UAL in the past. The Nic list will not work if a DOH argument is attempted by the group the east calls a union.

Fast

TWA Dude, if it comes down to a merger I think you'll find the United/ US Airways lists to be pretty compatible.
I didn't realize y'all were that old. I would think the UAL MEC would issue a statement in favor of a merger with USAirways if that was really the case.

Last edited:
I would put my money on Eaglesview not being a united pilot...he only has 20 posts and they all started a couple weeks ago RE united/us air and are all pro DOH....hmmm.

What a total waste of time this site has become....

Good call.....if he truly was UAL, he would have no problem remembering 8 years ago when AAA was floating up their DOH balloons. That BS was met with the same enthusiasm that the AWA pilots gave it. In a DOH integration with UAL, the late 80s guys that were on furlough a couple of years ago would be able to hold 75/76 Captain. And best of all, they wouldn't even consider it a windfall!

The only way DOH makes it into the discussion is if they use their LCC hire date (May 2005).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back