Hello Ual Goodbye Usappy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cactus
regardless of how the nic was derived, after it was published the USAir group had nothing to lose by dumping ALPA. Pilots vote with their wallet and they feel there is no pay raise that will make up for their lost movement. ALPA has been dropping the ball a bunch over the last few years and is obviously in conflict with itself when it agrees to represent regionals and majors. It's probably asking to much to get the three sides together and work out an agreement but we will see. Vote UAPA

Cactus
regardless of how the nic was derived, after it was published the USAir group had nothing to lose by dumping ALPA. Pilots vote with their wallet and they feel there is no pay raise that will make up for their lost movement. ALPA has been dropping the ball a bunch over the last few years and is obviously in conflict with itself when it agrees to represent regionals and majors. It's probably asking to much to get the three sides together and work out an agreement but we will see. Vote UAPA

You're right, nothing to lose: Accident Investigation, ALPA Legal, ALPA Medical, CIRP, Retirement & Insurance, ASAP (now piggybacked), Hotel Committee, etc.

Yea, I know that ALPA has been a very expensive date. That said, the USAPA "seamless" transition....ah...not so seamless. Further, USAPA is going to cost the AAA huge......no new contract for YEARS (oh, wait....First Officer Bradford said TWO WEEKS???).

Me? Contract 2004 is OK pay. 100% Deadhead, 100% Mechanical, and IV pay when I help to clean up some sort of mess. Life is good.:cool:

One of the chief complaints against ALPA was the cost.

Isn't usapa asking for more than ALPA?

Any truth to the rumor that the usapa leaders are looking for a "retirement" package because they were rep's?

The UAL guys were leery of the '94 deal, livid in 2000, and I'd imagine will be apoplectic if a USAir deal is attempted now.

Just curious, from the UAL pilot point of view, how far will you go to kill this?

As far as it takes. USAirways is like a wet booger. You keep on flicking your finger but it just won't go away.

Oh, it's way worse than a wet booger.

It's a wet booger with a dose of anthrax on the end. Add a little radioactive mark so the sharp shooters can target you, and if that doesn't work the bombers can target you and obliterate you and everyone within a 20 mile radius.

That remains to be seen. The euphoria of the kill is winding down and now they're expecting results. Prediction: disappointment.

Very, very true. Somehow though, me thinks "disappointment" is the understatement of the century. Those jerks aren't gonna just say, oh gee shucks.

Funny how there's no "Keep Delta my Delta" now that they're merging with Northwest and not usair. And I don't recall the UAL MEC putting out "Hell No" letters when the deal was going to be with CAL. The name of the game in merger-mania seems to be "Anybody except usair."

Funny how there's no "Keep Delta my Delta" now that they're merging with Northwest and not usair.
It's just a (foolish) pride thing. Delta's in control of the NW deal but Parker would've been in charge had that deal gone through. Lots of pilots like to use the "we bought you" line to prove how good they are.

You're right, nothing to lose: Accident Investigation, ALPA Legal, ALPA Medical, CIRP, Retirement & Insurance, ASAP (now piggybacked), Hotel Committee, etc.

Yea, I know that ALPA has been a very expensive date. That said, the USAPA "seamless" transition....ah...not so seamless. Further, USAPA is going to cost the AAA huge......no new contract for YEARS (oh, wait....First Officer Bradford said TWO WEEKS???).

Me? Contract 2004 is OK pay. 100% Deadhead, 100% Mechanical, and IV pay when I help to clean up some sort of mess. Life is good.:cool:

I understand your point. My point is that the contractual raise you are eluding to is less than they feel they will earn with their attrition/upgrades. Thus they voted with their wallet. That said it's good to hear your life is good, hopefully stays that way.

Latest resources

Back