Hawker to Hawaii

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KSUPILOT

Saw in the Hawker 800XP info brochure we got the other day that they can do Hawaii in 6 hours. Anyone done it in a 800xp?

Thanks.

KSUPILOT

Not until the boss springs for winglets. Looking at that just the other day, MRY-HNL is actually shorter than the SDL-ANC trips that we so.

KSFO - PHNL is just over 2100 nm so the 800 XP should be able to do it with very few issues. There is the possiblity of a wet foot print if you have pressurization problems. Without the performance manual right handy, I can not give you a complete anwser. The 800 has much better range than the WW2 or the LR36. And I have done that routing in both. It was not too comfortable at the mid point.

Not the airplane to go to Hawaii in... I used to see guys at FSI ILG in recurrent that did it about once a year. Crazy if you ask me.

Wet footprint is a big issue.

If there's a wet footprint, stay home. Used to have a boss (we had a Westwind II) who kept talking about going to Hawaii.
I always told him, "Have a nice trip."

Wet footprint for pressurization. Are you a good swimmer? If not, I hope you have room in that XP to put a Zodiac and enough gas to get you the last couple hundred miles.

FracCapt said:
Wet footprint for pressurization. Are you a good swimmer? If not, I hope you have room in that XP to put a Zodiac and enough gas to get you the last couple hundred miles.
Liferaft? Hell, I hope you'll survive the ditch.

Latest resources

Back