• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
reference my earlier post in this string: we'll hear a rumor, debate it to death, then it never happens. Apply this to every 767 acquisition rumor that has come out.

Pesident Dunks latest hotline message is that we got outbid for 1 767 and we are bidding for a total of 6-from another source.

He mentioned North American pulling out of the Hawaii market to shift their planes to more profitable Charter operations.

Delta's new nonstop route to KOA was also brought up and how it would effect our interisle market. Dunk said that aquiring more aircraft was one of the more inportant issues and he would have more news soon.

Dunks comments are not RUMORS they are facts. Hopefully we win some of these bids and bring the guys back soon.

Whale Rider-Who is Roth going to throw the ball to this season???
NO Ward No Buress-who's left???

Last edited:
Erndogg said:
Whale Rider-Who is Roth going to throw the ball to this season???
NO Ward No Buress-who's left???

Hines Ward and Antwan Randle El are still there, However I think its going to be 80% Ground Attack 20% Air Attack. :D

Last edited:
Thks Ernd..

Just listened to the Exec. line. MD mentioned 1 767 bid that fell through, that it the first official word I've heard about any bids, the rumors were way more speculative.

Where did you hear 6? MD just said that they were in hot pursuit of a/c. Glad they are being smart about the search, Adam's crowd overpaid for the LTUtifuls. Also glad to hear about the search.

MD was lamenting DAL's new Kona flt., coming from cities HAL doesn't serve. On the balance, 10 fewer North Am. flts a week from an area HAL does serve would seem to more than make up for any potential loss. Plus, DAL charges more than NA, right?!

Now get me that 787!!!

The 787 is the eventual a/c for the future. But I feel it's just a matter of time before we see more 767's. Unfortunately the ones I hear they are bidding for are not in the greatest shape and will need some $$ thrown at them to bring them up to par.

I was flying with a Captain that is a reliable source when he gave me the 6 a/c figure but I am sure more used a/c could be coming onto the market soon. The goal is to not get stuck with older 767's (long leases) but to alliviate the need and do some expanding at a resonable price for these A/C.
Hope that helps. Want to get you guys back soon!!!

So who is the 6 aircraft information coming from? Was it braddah Dunk, or was it a line pilot?

Freight Dog said:
Are you guys gonna be in CASS?

Yes, when is another story. About a month age the Chairman of the jumpseat committee said in about 2 weeks. I think that's about the third time I've heard "cass is almost here". That said, they are working on it and I'm not blaming anyone, it just appears that roadblocks keep poping up. I'm sure it's a more complex deal than I'm aware of.

New for the rumor mill (well not that new). The rumor about 717's in LAS is getting stronger. It's now, 4 717's based in LAS to fly to the midwest. MDan, I had the same reaction as you, but I'm starting to warm up to the idea. 717's from the midwest feeding our 767's to Hawaii as well as seving LAS might not be a bad way to expand Hawaii service to the midwest. Once a market matures, they can put a nonstop flight on it.

mdanno808 said:
787's? WTF? Better focus on used 767's right now don't you think? BTW, what's the deal with the 2 AC that HAL has a letter of agreement to lease? Is it true that HAL was outbid, or is that still unverified?

Do any of you guys know what happens if a person is not recalled within the 6 years? Is an extension possible, or do you without question lose the longevity you had gained until the furlough?

I don't think you'll be out anywere near 6 years, but if that happened I can assure you, you'll be extended.

I don't know how HA would do out of LAS, but I can tell you that as an LAS based pilot, every single freakin flight is packed - day in and day out for AWA as well as all the other carriers I've seen. Ever since I got based there this spring it's been a zoo every night. It's a hot market, and if HA played their cards right (pun intended) the opportunity is there. If the HA image is marketed correctly (and the seats priced right) it could be a very good opening into the domestic market. The biggest sticking point I could see is the upcoming end of the 717 production line.

Question for Dan Roman; how long were they guys hired in '92 out on furlough before coming back as hiring resumed in '98? And what was the longest furlough period you know about at HA?

HAL

Latest resources

Back