• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAWAIIAN Phase III invites

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have heard rumors.....remember rumor is the key word, that HR is more in charge of who is hired and they want a well rounded group who is hired. Lots of experience and background differences. So that means the no PIC-23 year old just out of college with a great recommendation will get hired before I do. And why did they not do this when I was just out of Military/college/flight school is beyond me. Heck I am going to have to win the lottery (in a sense) to even get an interview. All my old army buddies are either school teachers or retired with a sugar mama. All my college buddies are non aviation and my aline buddies are all waiting at the regionals like I am. Anyways....I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Each year of interviews have been quite different. In 2008, both Phase 1 (multiple written psychological and IQ tests) and Phase 2 (pick a hat or stuffed animal event) were offered to all applicants. Whether someone was offered the lucrative Phase 3 testing, was conditional.

In the interview years of 2009, 2010, if an applicant did well on the 2008 interview, all that was required was a short 5-10 minute panel update interview, followed by a simulator session. Some applicants were called to interview with the Chief Pilots within a week after that for a short meeting.

However, this year, 2011, they have decided to have all applicants, both new and past, start from the absolute beginning, starting with Phase 1 and Phase 2 again. All applicants starting as equals, why, I do not have the answer.

Good luck to all who have received invitations to interview again.

slatsnfive

Actually those who have an interview next week were told that they won't have to redo phase 2. Just phase 1(panel/simulator) and meet'n greet with the chief pilots.

Actually those who have an interview next week were told that they won't have to redo phase 2. Just phase 1(panel/simulator) and meet'n greet with the chief pilots.

That is good news. The applicants who interviewed a few weeks ago had to complete Phase 1 and Phase 2 again. All interviewed in 2008, 2009, and 2010.

Seems the applicants for the August 24 interviews are a different group.

Good luck to all who have received interviews.

slatsnfive

Just did my interview phase 1 again this week. Same old thing as previous interviews. Anybody heard when they're supposed to call for 3rd interview?

Does anybody know if it might be helpful to drop off a resume/cover letter to the CP's office? If so, is it in the terminal or offsite on the airport?? THX.

Does anybody know if it might be helpful to drop off a resume/cover letter to the CP's office? If so, is it in the terminal or offsite on the airport?? THX.

The office is located "inside" the inter-island terminal, near the Garden Court, as mentioned in a previous post.

Access is in two possible ways. 1: If you possess a current HNL AOA badge, you may enter at the door the crews and other HNL employees use, which will take you directly to the Garden Court. 2: If you are an actual traveling passenger, which means you will be "inside" the terminal at some point, near the moving walkway, headed toward the main terminal, there is a stairway on the right which leads to the Garden Court.

Good luck, and much success.

slatsnfive

Latest resources

Back