• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAL hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The word from the company is hiring will be negligible this year, not sure how many more 330's are coming vs the retirement of 767's, in the next couple years. However, they are getting 18 A321 NEO's with an option for 6 more. They are starting no latter than 2017. The plan is for a much more extensive west coast to all the major island schedule. The official word from the company is to expect just over a 1000 pilots by 2021. We currently have somewhere around 600 active pilots right now. Also, quite a few retirements.

Based on the Union letter I read off the HALMEC(ALPA) webpage.... Hiring is scheduled to be 50 per year for the next 5 years (roughly) and with a minimum of 59 retirements over the same period HAL should see a net gain of roughly 40 pilots per year... I suspect more retirements than planned.

Also the plan is to have 700 pilots on property by the time the contract is ammendable in 2015.... So seems like next year we should resume some hiring?......

Headwinds to the plan are..

1) Value of the Yen
2) West Coast competition
3) Merger or acquisition (stock price is up, new investors, and a new board member etc etc) makes acquisition more of a realistic possibility
4) Some sort of disaster, health concern (SARS) or government showdown somewhere(Ukraine/Russia etc) slwong travel..

Quick question. Are SEA and LAX still bases? I know SFO got closed a while ago but I thought the other west coast bases were still open but they are not listed on airlinepilotcentral.com

thanks

Isn't Southwest buying them?

It really does become a long term question. If you want to be a Hawaiian 330 pilot, is it better to focus on getting hired at HAL or SWA?

Latest resources

Back