• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAL hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dan, the 321NEO has the same sized wings & fuselage as the current version, but with 'sharklet' type winglets. There is a little aerodynamic cleanup, but most of the improved fuel economy comes from the new engines,

HAL

Thanks!

Haha
You ALWAYS respond Dan;)

It shows you're worried about it- but I think it'll be ok if it went down-
Hawaii has been good to me
They accepted you, I'm pretty sure they'll get used to me too in time

Last edited:
Haha
You ALWAYS respond Dan;)

It shows you're worried about it- but I think it'll be ok if it went down-
Hawaii has been good to me
They accepted you, I'm pretty sure they'll get used to me too in time

That's because I enjoy winning and you are civil when you lose!:beer:

Doesn't Delta sublease some of HAL's 767 anyway? That could be a pretty easy lease return.
No, HA bought (not leased) four of DL's non-ER 767s in 2006 at a very good price, then refurbished them and made them ETOPS capable. DL sold them at the bottom of the market, and (I believe) later regretted letting them go so cheaply. But HA never sublet any of their planes to or from DL. As of now HA owns seven of their 767s outright, and lease the rest from AWAS and BCC.

HAL

Nice try Wave! But I'll bite....if your Hail Mary prediction did come true, and SWA lost the plot of what made them successful (LCC 737 flying) and tried to merge with HA, the SWA pilots would be fenced out of the widebody flying for a long time. The Judge has to consider what each airline brings to the table as far as career expectations. New hires at HA can go to the widebodies, SWA has zero career expectations there. You would effectively and legally be fenced out for a long time. As you guys trickled over, if you brought the attitude that SWA is famous for (you should be happy to merge with us!!!) you would find Hawaii a very unfriendly place.

I think you'd be dead wrong in your assessment. Right or wrong, the larger group always prevails. The arbitrators threw the career expectations of CAL pilots right out the window. UAL prevailed. Same for Airtran vs SWA. It is what it is.

Your best bet now would be to have your MEC draw up a successorship agreement with management that states the exact terms and conditions HAL pilots are to receive were a merger to occur. Have it be as iron-clad as debt liability assumed in any merger transaction. Otherwise, were a merger to play out, you will get clobbered by the larger group. Trust me. It just is what it is.

The judge (or judges in the case of a arb panel) can, and will, do whatever they want. What you see as reasonable will not be what they are seeing, and vice versa.

Nice try Wave! But I'll bite....if your Hail Mary prediction did come true, and SWA lost the plot of what made them successful (LCC 737 flying) and tried to merge with HA, the SWA pilots would be fenced out of the widebody flying for a long time. The Judge has to consider what each airline brings to the table as far as career expectations. New hires at HA can go to the widebodies, SWA has zero career expectations there. You would effectively and legally be fenced out for a long time. As you guys trickled over, if you brought the attitude that SWA is famous for (you should be happy to merge with us!!!) you would find Hawaii a very unfriendly place.

Ha! Hawaii is not an unfriendly place when it comes to the mighty dollar. Everyone thought Go would be met with hostility. Instead the locals loved the price. If any airline decided to come in inter island and fly to the West Coast, Alaska is liked, the locals will go wherever the cheapest fare is. And from what I see the inter island fares are much to high, since Aloha folded, for the locals. A merger or acquisition or better yet new arrival will be welcomed as long as fares come down. Unfriendly, I think not, that's your ego talking.

....Everyone thought Go would be met with hostility. Instead the locals loved the price...
Which is obviously why they filled their planes to capacity, gained a large protion of the interisland market, and are doing so well right now.......

Oh yeah, I guess none of the locals cared they ran Aloha out of business either.

Oh wait......you said Go? Weren't they ********************ty carrier that the locals avoided, lost millions of dollars yearly, had terrible plane availablity, a high number of flight cancellations, a terrible on-time record, and went out of business?

Yup, the locals loved them....

Latest resources

Back