HAL hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jim,

I agree with everything you say, but, if you guys were to merge somehow, would SWAPA allow arbitration? They may agree to it in the beginning, but Herb might come out of retirement and try to scare the heck out of you guys. Sound familiar? I wonder if that could ever happen in real life? Hmmmmm. I hope you guys NEVER have to do that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wave, face it, you guys are scared of arbitration. That's the real issue. You don't want it to be fair. You guys believe every other pilot should start over as an FO, and that isn't how it works in the "real world" of arbitration. Your people scared one group into not doing it, but that won't happen again.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You know what? Never mind. You're just a pot-stirring ass, General! Well done.

Bubba

Last edited:
Yea your right. I know the 737 MAX numbers are better than the neo. But its like top secret stuff around SWA these days. No clue when or if we will ever do HA.

I wouldn't take the MAX over the NEO performance as a given. Heard they had to jack the entire MAX airframe up in order to fit the new engines. End result will be higher nose, lower tail. Great more tail strikes! Really wish Boeing would kibosh the 737 line.

You know what? Never mind. You're just a pot-stirring ass, General! Well done.

Bubba

Tell me Bubba that didn't happen.... Hopefully during the next large merger the new management will STAY OUT OF IT and allow the two groups to go to arbitration and get a group of "neutrals" to determine what is fair. I'm sorry Bubba, but AT brought 737s to your party, and not allowing any of their Captains to stay on those planes IN THE LEFT SEAT would NEVER happen in arbitration, and that is why it didn't happen.

I'm just glad that will never happen again, amirite?

Bye Bye---General Lee

I wouldn't take the MAX over the NEO performance as a given. Heard they had to jack the entire MAX airframe up in order to fit the new engines. End result will be higher nose, lower tail. Great more tail strikes! Really wish Boeing would kibosh the 737 line.

Right? especially since there is so much more in the Boeing bag... 757 anyone? the coolest looking plane... hang neo engines on that thing, winglets (and maybe fix those god-awful jumpseats in the flight deck) and watch it smoke the competition...

Highly unlikely General, but for sure it would go to arbitration. "Gary's" little threat to AirTran about operating as separate airline would be fine with us. He couldn't pit one group against the other as SWA doesn't have any Airbus/ 767/717 pilots to replace us. If they did try to scab us (I'M NOT SAYING SWAPA WOULD DO THAT!) they would 't be very safe in Hawaii anyway.

Nobody messes with da Hui.

I'm just an outsider looking in, but I think if I were at Hawaiian I wouldn't want to be merging with anyone. Looks like they've got a good thing going. I'm on my second merger now, and it isn't going to be any more fun than the last one I don't think. At least at my first airline, and my 'second' for that matter, I can see how a merger was needed to give it some staying power, but that doesn't seem to be the case at Hawaiian.

I'm just an outsider looking in, but I think if I were at Hawaiian I wouldn't want to be merging with anyone. Looks like they've got a good thing going. I'm on my second merger now, and it isn't going to be any more fun than the last one I don't think. At least at my first airline, and my 'second' for that matter, I can see how a merger was needed to give it some staying power, but that doesn't seem to be the case at Hawaiian.

All very true, you would have a hard time finding anyone at Hawaiian that would want to merge with anyone. Fortunately Hawaiian's business model only works as " Hawaiian Air " Paint another name on the side of the airplane and what has made them successful goes away. Even our International routes don't do much for Delta and, only because it's in this string, would be a joke if SWA thought it would fit into what they do. Don't get all wound up Wave, it's not a slam! It's just two completely different business models that don't fit or complement each other.

HAWAIIAN AIRLINES operated by Southwest

;)

Wave, we are going to double our seniority list when the NEO's arrive and we get a half dozen either A350's or 787's ( they actually are talking to Boeing ) starting in 2016. Apply dude, you could be a Hawaiian Air pilot that way!
:)

Latest resources

Back