HA - Latest System Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which means under staffing.

Exactly! With guys bragging about flying 95+ hours at HAL, they have learned how to operate only lean.

How is trip trading at HAL? Schedule flexibility?

Yup, sorry hal... Just saw new vacancy in the inbox. Guess my pessimist a€€ jumped the gun on this one! So same same but different.

How is trip trading at HAL? Schedule flexibility?

behind the rest, but getting there.... new side letter for dropping to 60 only it requires trip trade and you cannot just "drop".. still must bid a 75 hour line to start with also. This was done outside of section 6 however and I expect in section 6 we will get A LOT of the same perks and benefits other carriers have. Like I said, guys here are hell bent on quality of life improvements.

We have flica, only it is not truly a trip dropping system. It is a trip drop requesting system, which still requires crew scheduling approval. I had over 80 hours last month, and tried to drop about 6 different weekday trips (4:10 credit) and was denied each time due to insufficient reserve coverage.

Can you trade your trips with company open time?
How about with other pilots?
Point being - what's the overall schedule flexibility in moving days around?

Last edited:
Can you trade your trips with company open time?
How about with other pilots?
Point being - what's the overall schedule flexibility in moving days around?

you can trade with other crew... not with open time and no moving anything around.. it is VERY limited at this time because it was implemented POST-section 6 via side letters and there will be no real flexibility until we negotiate industry style work rules into our next contract.

Ah, I always love that old management play book.
Flexibility helps management as much as us- most pilots I know will voluntarily fly more if they can manipulate their schedule to work for their lives. But management thinks like bean counters and will try and make you spend negotiating capital that will help them as well.
Good luck

That's why the company is always complaining about sick leave being so high. They fail to realize that little things like allowing more schedule flexibility will decrease sick leave. Most of our managers, particularly those involved in scheduling, are absolutely clueless.

you can trade with other crew... not with open time and no moving anything around..

I trade stuff around with open time all the time. It gets denied for staffing a lot, but the ability to do it is there. You just can't trade below 75 with open time.

Latest resources

Back