GV Longest routes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KnightwhosaysNi

Any GV pilots--Just curious as to what some of the longest routes people have flown nonstop in the GV. Also, how do you enjoy flying it?

Thanks

enjoy flying it??

c'mon...thats a serious ride there, anyone would enjoy it!

Its a little cramped compared to others but thats another post for sure...

;) :D :D ;)

Last edited:
Noooooo! I see another Global Express vs. GV war!

Why!!!! Ohh the humanity....

Now...cue a post by GVFlyer....:D:D:D:D

GV Longest Routes

I've flown it:

Hawaii to Singapore

New York to Tokyo

Tokyo to New York

Buenos Aires to Vienna

Miami to Windhoek

Sydney to San Francisco

Moscow to Darwin

Brisbane to Los Angeles

Beijing to Memphis

The G550 will go 250 nautical miles farther or 6750nm. The GV/G350/G450/G500/G550 cockpits are much larger than the GIV cockpit.

Our flight department follows the Flight Safety Foundation guidelines. When we are scheduled for a leg greater than 12 hours we carry a third pilot. We rotate a pilot into the crew rest area every two hours giving us a 4 on - 2 off schedule which is safely maintainable for extended flights.

GV

Thank you for the info--that sounds like a lot of fun. How are the crew rest areas on the GV? Is it just a seat in the back with the pax or is it actually a little room. I know they are probably all different.

Re: GV Longest Routes

Originally posted by GVFlyer GV I have had marriages that did not last as long as some of those legs. Mobie
I've flown it:

Hawaii to Singapore

New York to Tokyo

Tokyo to New York

Buenos Aires to Vienna

Miami to Windhoek

Sydney to San Francisco

Moscow to Darwin

Brisbane to Los Angeles

Beijing to Memphis

The G550 will go 250 nautical miles farther or 6750nm. The GV/G350/G450/G500/G550 cockpits are much larger than the GIV cockpit.

Our flight department follows the Flight Safety Foundation guidelines. When we are scheduled for a leg greater than 12 hours we carry a third pilot. We rotate a pilot into the crew rest area every two hours giving us a 4 on - 2 off schedule which is safely maintainable for extended flights.

GV

Tokyo to NY was my furtherst. When I looked down and saw 14:45 on the FMS, I just wanted to cry. Thats way too long for my butt.

that is way t00 long if you guys could do it at .85 like the global it's only 11-12 hours....

(sorry I just couldn't resist)

CG

Anyone see the beige Global Express at HPN late week.

They could not get the flaps up so they decided to ferry it to Hartford for repair. On takeoff they hit a goose, that took out the right engine. They declared the emergency and returned to HPN.

As of last Monday the aircraft was in Avitat's hanger with no #2 engine and the flaps still down.

Could not resist.

T-Gates said:
Noooooo! I see another Global Express vs. GV war!

Why!!!! Ohh the humanity....

Now...cue a post by GVFlyer....:D:D:D:D

:eek: Wow! Your good!...is that called telepathy?:D

Latest resources

Back