• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Guy in back gets dream shot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought this was what CRM was all about. But I digress.

and if you really want to throw up in your mouth a little, go over to a.net and read what those "experts" have to say about this.....

I thought this was what CRM was all about. But I digress.

I am familiar with CRM and believe in it, and it would be nice to have someone that could talk on the radio, sling gear and flaps, and help look for traffic. I'm just asking if you would invite a private pilot into your cockpit to help in a scenario that you could handle solo. I'm not questioning judgement of this pilot, just wanted some opinions.

I wonder what the "experts" at the TSA will say. They'll probably violate the FO for not maintaining a secure cockpit.

From the article: "There's nothing wrong with that," said Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Roland Herwig, who confirmed Brown's role in the emergency landing. "The (acting) captain can take any action for the sake of safety."

Pity the flight wasn't longer...he coulda made Brown do his revisions for him and offer a few investment tips.

Does this "pilot" exemplify a "any type rated pilot?" If so, I figure the the Capt deemed it an emergency and took the necessary steps to ensure the safety of the flight.

Hey XPOO, is that the guy in your avatar? Looks like a good guy.

I thought that this private pilot showed class and respect for the airline pilots. He knows that he did not "save the day", but rather, helped out where he could. The "captain" did what he had too, look for assistance and use him how he could.

Good job to both.

Latest resources

Back