• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Guy in back gets dream shot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How is a private pilot in the cockpit of a CAL 757 any different than your TYPICAL regional flight where the captain has to contend with a 500hr wonder f/o? I'd take the private pilot as odds are he's not as cocky and arrogant as your typical newhire regional f/o.
Although I don't know the exact figures, I think it is a safe bet that less than 10% of all regional cockpits have 500hr first officers. Even so, do you really think a GA guy (or girl) would perform better than a 121 trained FO?

Oh wait a second.....you were making a joke. My bad. :)

-JP

How is a private pilot in the cockpit of a CAL 757 any different than your typical regional flight where the captain has to contend with a 500hr wonder f/o? I'd take the private pilot as odds are he's not as cocky and arrogant as your typical newhire regional f/o.
I sure hope that this was a joke, I do not know of hardly any 500 hr pilots here at Eagle. While a few, I would still take a 121 trained FO over a GA PVT pilot.

Sure the guy can land a 757 but I would like to see how well he could drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

Latest resources

Back