Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pmmartin

Hello,

Can any Gulfstream guys/gals out there tell me how the FAA views Gulfstream type ratings. If I got typed on a G2, would that permit me to operate G3, G4, etc.
How about the 450/550, are they all separate? I remember the old days when a Learjet type would cover you from the LR23 to the LR 55, if you believe that! Might have a chance at a G2 type and want to know if it's worth much anymore.

Thanks

I believe that the GII and GIII are their own separate type ratings. The GIV and GV are common with G350, G450 and G550. You just need difference training.
The G150 and G200 are their own separate type ratings.
Are you talking about a GII or a G200? A GII type is just about worthless, if you are getting it for free then go for it but not worth any $$ out of your own pocket. A G200 type rating would be very valuable right now!

Last edited:
I believe that the GII and GIII are their own separate type ratings. The GIV and GV are common with G350, G450 and G550. You just need difference training.

Actually, the GII and GIII share a common type rating (G1159). The GIV and GV are seperate types (not quite sure how they are integrated with the 350, 450, 550).

G-II / G-III = G-1159
G-IV = G-IV
G-V = G-V, G-400, G-450, G-500, G-550

So by this reasoning, the G-V type is the one to have.

G1159 covers GII & GIII

G-IV covers the G-IV, G-300, G-400

G-V covers G-V, G-350, G-450, G-550

Hope that helps...........

Might have a chance at a G2 type and want to know if it's worth much anymore.

Thanks

Just depends on where you are and who you know. If you can fly 12-15 days a month contract you can make very nice money. I have a few friends here that fly them 12-15 days a month and they make $750/day. SIC's are making $500-$600/day. About $130,000/year for PIC with a good amount of days off per month. And if they want to fly more they can.

By Jeb Burnside, Newswriter, Editor

clearpixel.gif

Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation announced this week that the FAA will allow its two newest aircraft -- the long-range G450 and mid-range G350 -- to share the same pilot type rating with the company's ultra-long-range models, the G550 and G500. Since the G550 and GV already share the same type rating, the GV pilot rating will apply to the four new aircraft as well. GV pilots will be authorized to fly the G500 and G350 aircraft upon completion of a five-day "differences" course that highlights the PlaneView™ flight deck. GV pilots who are not already qualified on the Gulfstream Enhanced Vision System (EVS) will also be required to complete 14 hours of training on the Head-Up Display (HUD) and the EVS to fly the G550 and G450, both of which include EVS as standard equipment. All pilot training is offered at FlightSafety International in Savannah, Gulfstream's preferred provider of crew-training services. Europe's Joint Aviation Authorities (JAA) is expected to announce a similar ruling in the near future. "We are delighted the FAA agreed that the G450 and G350 will share the same pilot type rating as our ultra-long-range jets," said Bryan Moss, Gulfstream's president. "A number of our customers operate multiple Gulfstream aircraft, each with its unique price and performance point, to meet their varying travel needs. Now with the shared pilot type rating, they can do so without having to ‘match pilots to aircraft' or spend additional time and money to retrain already well-trained pilots." The first G550 was delivered to its owner in September 2003 while the first delivery of a G500 is expected later this month. Gulfstream introduced the G450 at the 2003 NBAA annual convention; five months later, the G350 was unveiled at the 2004 Asian Aerospace exhibition in Singapore

Gulfstream G2 Type

Hey,

Thanks a lot. That helps clarify things for me. I have a G100 type so maybe I'll start adding to my "shopping cart". Still, I can't imagine the G2's, G3's will be around much longer, but I've been saying that about the 20 series Learjet for the last 10 years......

Like you say, the GV seems to be the one to have, if you can swing it.

Fly Safe!

Just depends on where you are and who you know. If you can fly 12-15 days a month contract you can make very nice money. I have a few friends here that fly them 12-15 days a month and they make $750/day. SIC's are making $500-$600/day. About $130,000/year for PIC with a good amount of days off per month. And if they want to fly more they can.

Most G-IV and G-V can make between $900/day domestic and $1500/day international. If they are typed they should be differentating between PIC and SIC.

Heck, guys that are 7X qual'd are charging $2000/day.

Do not sell yourself short. Anyone can give away their services.

Most G-IV and G-V can make between $900/day domestic and $1500/day international. If they are typed they should be differentating between PIC and SIC.

Heck, guys that are 7X qual'd are charging $2000/day.

Do not sell yourself short. Anyone can give away their services.

He was asking about the "G2". $750/day is going rate for PIC. $550 or so is SIC.

Latest resources

Back