• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Type Ratings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has nothing to do with Florida, there's a ton of contract work overseas for Globals and G's. I have 3 friends that got laid off this week who fly Globals Part 91, they're going directly into contract flying and will make more than they did at their 91 salary job.

You should get a book and learn how to network, maybe you can do some contract work some day if the need arises.

So....3 guys getting laid off but theres just tons of contract work huh?

You are correct, between selling grape juice and learning to read, Im really missing out.

Like others said - Open Mouth - Insert Foot seems to be your SOP on this board.

So....3 guys getting laid off but theres just tons of contract work huh?

You are correct, between selling grape juice and learning to read, Im really missing out.

Like others said - Open Mouth - Insert Foot seems to be your SOP on this board.

Yup, and another friend is getting laid off this week supposedly, he just called me to tell me. But he's a guy that has always flown contract for many other companies on his off days, so he's already well involved in the contract side of things, so he'll have no problems either.

What do you guys do, go to work, fly and then go home and bury your heads in the sand? Get out there and meet people so when you lose your job you can keep flying or jump right into another good job.

Some of you are pathetic. But pilots like you are always negative people because most hate their lives. Just a pack of pissed off humans. If you're not complaining about something its arguing with everyone because they can find work when times are tough. You obviously have that chip on your shoulder, you're clearly upset that I know people who are doing well in tough times. That says volumes about you, join the pack.

Last edited:
Its all overseas flying, but who cares. They go away for 20-30 days and come home for 15-20 days. Nothing wrong with that.

This country might be going down the drain, the rest of the world is doing great.

Like China, Russia, and Europe?

I didn't realize they were doing so great!

:0

Like China, Russia, and Europe?

I didn't realize they were doing so great!

:0

Well realize it already, you're posts are getting old.

Now that you mention Russia..my friend fly's a Challenger 300 over there and loves his 30 "on"/ 30 "off" schedule, making $160,000. They're getting a G550 too. Europe is where my friends are flying the G450/550, so yes, things are good there. China, well I do have a friend that fly's a Boeing 757 out of Macao. And another friend flying out of Hong Kong on a Lear. Many 747 guys flying for airlines and 737 guys flying for airlines and private owners in Beijing and Shanghai.

Now you're getting it.

You should get in on this Mona-Vie man, you could lose your job some day...then what?????

Well realize it already, you're posts are getting old.

Now that you mention Russia..my friend fly's a Challenger 300 over there and loves his 30 "on"/ 30 "off" schedule, making $160,000. They're getting a G550 too. Europe is where my friends are flying the G450/550, so yes, things are good there. China, well I do have a friend that fly's a Boeing 757 out of Macao. And another friend flying out of Hong Kong on a Lear. Many 747 guys flying for airlines and 737 guys flying for airlines and private owners in Beijing and Shanghai.

Now you're getting it.

You should get in on this Mona-Vie man, you could lose your job some day...then what?????
Fly91, you are wasting your time trying to reason with this Dipsh!t.

G200, I have point at which I am going to do away with the subtle tactics and call you out. If I don’t see a significant improvement in your sh!t attitude, I am prepared to name you by name, your position, and employer. That’s right, the ‘ol Hawker F/O has done his homework and confirmed his findings. Additionally, It will then be my pleasure to print off a booklet of your greatest hits, and overnight them to the people I deem necessary who I believe would read your rants with a focused eye and it wont be to anyone within the flight department, as your position there is just too high. If you think you’d like for that to happen, then I would encourage you to call my bluff. Just keep it up and see what happens.
Tired of your mouth. You don’t know everything. If your opinion does not jive with someone else’s or you operate an aircraft differently than someone else, than that person is all the sudden a hack, and you find it necessary to belittle and insult them simply because you don’t agree. With the position you hold in the corporation you work for, you should be ashamed and embarrassed of your behavior.
What are you even doing on here? I suspect you get on here just to show the rest of us how much you know. In all fairness, you have operational and logistical experience that exceeds most of us. No doubt about it. And you have input on here that is helpful with a great deal of common sense usually laced within it. I, like most us on here, have learned a great deal from you, and that is appreciated. It really is. There are a lot of things I don’t agree with you on, and it’s not a matter of you or I being right or wrong, it’s just 2 people operating differently. When the mains touch and ATC starts giving instructions, you like to acknowledge ATC and follow their instructions; I ignore them until I think the airplane is at a safe speed my attention no longer needs to be focused on landing. You admittedly like to jump on the brake when landing; I use the T/Rs until idle deploy speed so as to not heat up the brakes in case I need fully braking authority later on in the rollout (if the situation allows). We just do it differently, but you find fault in the way I do it because I don’t do it like you do. Countless other examples on here between you and others with stories just like that. I simply don’t understand why you are like that.
There is no reason for you, me, or anyone else to act like this. Let’s just tone it down while we still have that ability on our own terms.
I’ve said all I’m going to say on this matter. Respond to this if you want to, but believe that you’d be a fool to do it. In the meantime, I’ll be looking forward to reading your other response on other threads and learning a thing or 2 from you.

Probably the exception rather than the rule. :)

Correct. Most zero-time contract pilots are also low time overall. They have to charge less to get jobs. it hurts the industry. Even the guys Fly91 is talking about are not getting top dollar. They have lots (10,000 hours, Int'l experience, types) of experience previously and still can't charge $1,500/day.

Contracting is not the land of milk and honey. It's hard work as Fly91's friends will attest. It's scary out there.

As long as you know you can pay off your $40k training the first year and $27k each year hence, find health insurance, fund your retirement, pay the 15% payroll taxes from being self-employed, etc. Then, no problem.

TC

Fly91, you are wasting your time trying to reason with this Dipsh!t.

G200, I have point at which I am going to do away with the subtle tactics and call you out. If I don’t see a significant improvement in your sh!t attitude, I am prepared to name you by name, your position, and employer. That’s right, the ‘ol Hawker F/O has done his homework and confirmed his findings. Additionally, It will then be my pleasure to print off a booklet of your greatest hits, and overnight them to the people I deem necessary who I believe would read your rants with a focused eye and it wont be to anyone within the flight department, as your position there is just too high. If you think you’d like for that to happen, then I would encourage you to call my bluff. Just keep it up and see what happens.
Tired of your mouth. You don’t know everything. If your opinion does not jive with someone else’s or you operate an aircraft differently than someone else, than that person is all the sudden a hack, and you find it necessary to belittle and insult them simply because you don’t agree. With the position you hold in the corporation you work for, you should be ashamed and embarrassed of your behavior.
What are you even doing on here? I suspect you get on here just to show the rest of us how much you know. In all fairness, you have operational and logistical experience that exceeds most of us. No doubt about it. And you have input on here that is helpful with a great deal of common sense usually laced within it. I, like most us on here, have learned a great deal from you, and that is appreciated. It really is. There are a lot of things I don’t agree with you on, and it’s not a matter of you or I being right or wrong, it’s just 2 people operating differently. When the mains touch and ATC starts giving instructions, you like to acknowledge ATC and follow their instructions; I ignore them until I think the airplane is at a safe speed my attention no longer needs to be focused on landing. You admittedly like to jump on the brake when landing; I use the T/Rs until idle deploy speed so as to not heat up the brakes in case I need fully braking authority later on in the rollout (if the situation allows). We just do it differently, but you find fault in the way I do it because I don’t do it like you do. Countless other examples on here between you and others with stories just like that. I simply don’t understand why you are like that.
There is no reason for you, me, or anyone else to act like this. Let’s just tone it down while we still have that ability on our own terms.
I’ve said all I’m going to say on this matter. Respond to this if you want to, but believe that you’d be a fool to do it. In the meantime, I’ll be looking forward to reading your other response on other threads and learning a thing or 2 from you.

what gives?

are you still upset about everyone handing it to you for using 10,000ft to stop your Hawker because you wont use the bossmans brakes on "your runway?" Thats about 2 years old now, no?

My response was to the thought that the overseas market is still strong. Ask delivery and demo guys, its as dead as the US for large aircraft.

I also think its crazy to think someone should pay 40K to get a type rating today with no time in the airplane and think they have a good chance of paying it off and making a great salary today. All the NBAA airmails and resumes coming through from high time in type G/GLEX/Falcon guys is where I get that opinion. Things have drastically changed in the corporate market in the last 6 months. For everyone.

I dont believe in buying ratings, I believe in networking and finding a decent job where the employer pays for your training (this is the norm) I have never bought a rating, signed a contract, etc...and never will. Just an opinion. That being said I dont really care how someone spends/earns their money. I dont care if someone works for less or for free, etc..people do what they have to. They aren't taking the good jobs from anyone.

and c'mon - Jump on the brake at landing? please show me where I said that?

Expose me? I dont think its much of a secret who I work for, I answer it in PMs all the time and even take resumes & inquiries when/if we are hiring. Its great networking. In the last year or so, I have also gotten 5-6 people interviews, and one a position at our company, through these websites. How about you? Will you answer that info?

Done your homework? why? A few of us run an entire business aviation website using our real names. If you PM'd me here at anytime I would give you all the info and contact numbers, no need to do your super secret detective work...:0 ... I would give you the link and access to our site, but the owners here dont want us to "advertise" other sites- so we respect their wishes. Far from a secret though! C'mon by and use your name. You are more than welcome. Ink up some wacky drunk threat post - we will expose you and delete your account.

Those that want to remain 100% anonymous don't hold much credibility IMO, but I certainly respect their wishes.

Threats of exposure? I can name half the people here and at the other sites and their employers - some of who hold this as a close secret (they have an internet persona?) I have met many of them. Some even run pro pilot web sites under a psuedo name and hide their employer info. Why? Whats the point? What is there to hide? Like me or not, Im no different at work or in person. How hard do you really think it is to find out who anyone works for here?

However, if you put together a greatest hits, goddam please PM me! I will give you the address to send a copy to.

:confused:

Last edited:
right

Great discovery work their Hawker, finding out about a guy who uses his name on his own aviation website. Quite a high level of douch-baggery however. Making demands and threats on an message board. Who thr ******************** are youu to threaten anyone? Mommy didn't love you enough? Got a tiny member? Still mad about a internet asswhooping you got two years ago? I would love a copy of his greatest hits, the pages on you would be most amusing. You want his advice but only if youu get to use coercion, blackmail and threats to get it?

Hawker F/O--Choose your battles wisely.

Is G200 a little insensitive sometimes? Sure. Is he right most of the time? Yep.

Hawker, you need to take your lumps, check your ego at the door and learn.

I don't have a dog in this particular fight but I think I've been able to identify who has 'street cred' here and who doesn't.

TC

Hawker ... grow the f up and grow a sack!

Whats the matter ... are you still smarting when he called you out for "saving" the bosses breaks.

BTW .. extortion and threats are a federal offence. I am sure that it will not take long to figure out who are ...

Latest resources

Back