• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream getting CoEx Routes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It seemed pretty obvious that it was someone trolling.

Pride v. selling your soul

350DRIVER said:
. . .. How can one honestly take pride in himself after accomplishing nothing except wasting daddy's money . . . .
Another good comment. That's been one of my prime issues about P-F-T. With enough money, anyone can buy an interview and/or a job. Not anyone can get an interview or get hired. To do even one is a major accompishment.

I guess it boils down to being able to look at oneself in the mirror every morning. That was worth more to me than the "job."

The Gulfstream Approach Con't

GF: I see the runaway over there

GC: Thats a taxiway you idiot

GF: Oh

GF: Ok now I see it but...
(long pause)

GF: Why is it moving to the left?

GC: You have to put in some crab

GF: Can't afford crab anymore :(

GC: Correct for Xwind

GF: AAAHHHHH

GC: my airplane

If only the paying pax in the back knew "what" was occupying the right seat- l o l

I think "what" is the best deFn for this- I am not sure how else I could refer to that "paying" occupant.

3 5 0 :D :D :D:eek:

ps> where is the dunce hat picture ?!:D

I cant wait for the next time the teamsters (read HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) or your own managment (shaking my head) screw you over. Then we'll hear the violins. A$$HOLE.

Spoken like a true professional.

350 Driver, Airline pilot27, Fly Chicago,

You folks are so ignorant, and arrogant.
You have absolutely no idea about the training at 3M.
You are not guaranteed a job, you folks are picking on people who paid their own money to get multi turbine time.
Then you hide behind screen names.
There are 3M pilots at every major airline and fractional.
One clown threatens that he can't wait to give a 3M pilot a hard time if he is on an interview board.
These people made the decision to go a different route than you folks. They definately pay their dues just like everyone else.
3M's safety record speaks for itself.
All you have is anecdotal info.
No proof of what you say.
Co-ex guys voted in ALPA, apparently expecting a better flow through to mainline. If Coex guys should be mad they ought to look to at their union for their predicament.
350 Driver, Alot of those folks you say that are "punks"
wasting Daddy's money were successful business people, switching careers, that earned their money and paid for the chance to get Multi time.
The other major group of pilots have very large loans to pay.
Why not pick on Comair?, ASA, they were PFT.

PS Fly Chicago, wasn't that a PFT too?

Flame on.

In my opinion PFT is one thing but "OK we will take your money even if you only have 250hrs and put you in the right seat of a B1900" are two different things. Gulfstream will take anything. Back when ASA, Chicago Express, and Comair were PFT, you at least had to get past an interview first. There is no interview at Gulfstream, send us money and we will send you an internship, which does not mean that you will make the line after the 250 hrs is up. When I was considering this alternative, I asked the recruiter the following question at least 10 times. "How many guys in the class that graduated from simulator\IOE 3 months prior were picked up by mainline Gulfstream(This was around June 1 when I asked the question)". He refused to give me a straight answer and after a little deductive reasoning, I discovered that I would have been in line with about 90 to 120 pilots in front of me for hire after the internship. The recruiter would keep quoting numbers from before 9/11 and the furloughs of we have 15 guys a month go to the majors and we put 18 guys in a class each month. I guess he thought I was stupid or something.

PFT training was a thing from yesterday not for today.

I am now glad I did not chose to go with them for other reasons as well now.

Co-ex guys voted in ALPA, apparently expecting a better flow through to mainline. If Coex guys should be mad they ought to look to at their union for their predicament.

No, that is not why ALPA was voted in to CAL/CALEX. We are one MEC, and as such we thought they would be of great help. As someone who works with the union, I can say they are a huge help! The flow-through was not an issue.

As far as other companies flying "COEX" routs, that's a CAL mainline scope issue. We have very little control over what Continental Airlines manegment wants to do.

2000-
I am sure their are many good pilots at Gulf- that isn't the issue..
The problem that many have including myself is "how" this program is set up and the whole concept of "renting" out the right seat for a large sum of money. This post was flame from the get go and as you can tell people have strong comments about such a program. The sad thing is that Gulf Joke is saying to alot of operators out there that it is "OK" to rent a seat out and why should they have to HIRE someone when they can profit at someones own expense- that is the PROBLEM I have with this.
I have never paid a dime for a job and I never will, this program is a complete and total embarrassment to the industry and I think that is the bottom line. Eagle Jet Intl. does a very similiar thing and this is also looked down upon and I sure hope that other flight departments do not follow in their backwards footsteps.

3 5 0 :D :D

JPPT2000
I may be a little arrogant but I am definently NOT ignorant. I have been unfortunate enough to share the skies with Scabstream in the Carribean and the Bahamas. And if make a few jokes at the expense of the GFA scab operation it is only to vent of a little steam as to what I view as a growing cancer on the piloting profession....ahh to hell with it. Lets make all airlines Pay to Fly
This really is a dead subject though fellas:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back