• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Re: Unfairness

mckpickle said:
Nigel you wanna field this one????

Certainly , my good man. What we have here is a bitter non airline pilot individual, who hates the fact that you and I paid for our training in order to secure an airline job. The real truth here is that this, non airline pilot individual, adopts a "holier than thou" stance to justify the simple fact that he was not hungry enough for the job that he "dreamed" of. You and I are the enemies of the greater global good and must be punished for our crimes against the pilot humanity.
"To thine ownself be true" is a dig at our virtue and conscience at which I take offense. My conscience is clear and I hope that this individual enjoys his job at that most noble of professions, the legal profession, or is that an oximoron.
To those that slam Gulfstream, this is a business enterprise and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. This country was built on the promise of free enterprise Go ahead and call 60 Minutes if you wish, I hope it makes you feel better. Me? I would be happy to fly with them, after all they all passed their FAA check ride did'nt they? Is that not the standard of all pilots in this country?

Certainly , my good man. What we have here is a bitter non airline pilot individual, who hates the fact that you and I paid for our training in order to secure an airline job

Your posts keep getting funnier and funnier just when I thought that would be impossible. ! !:D :D - YOU B O U G H T a job without "earning" it and I would NOT be too proud of that fact if I were you. ! ! I have known very FEW people who did this and the ones that I did know HAD to do this for one main reason > They ALL LACKED the "skills" and "knowledge" to go out and "EARN" the position and PROVE their skills. :D :D (When you BUY a job as with Gulfstream YOU are "coached" and taken by the hand since in all due respect that is what you paid for. !:D

Too FUNNY ! !

3 5 0

350DRIVER said:
Your posts keep getting funnier and funnier just when I thought that would be impossible. ! !:D :D - YOU B O U G H T a job without "earning" it and I would NOT be too proud of that fact if I were you. ! ! I have known very FEW people who did this and the ones that I did know HAD to do this for one main reason > They ALL LACKED the "skills" and "knowledge" to go out and "EARN" the position and PROVE their skills. :D :D (When you BUY a job as with Gulfstream YOU are "coached" and taken by the hand since in all due respect that is what you paid for. !:D

Too FUNNY ! !

3 5 0

What constitutes "earning" a job in your book?
Let me see here, I am a check airman with a part 121 airline, I fly a fifty seat turbo jet aircraft, before that I flew a nineteen seat aircraft in the midwest with out an autopilot, I have PC's every six months, have two type ratings, fly out the New York area airspace EVERY time I fly, yet according to you I lack the skill and experiance that is necessary to be a real pilot.
No, It is you that just gets funnier, I think that myself and my fellow professionals at my airline have the required skill, knowledge and experiance and we were NEVER lead by the hand for anything we achieved.
I think that I have said this before, I wanted to fly for an airline and at the time the ONLY way to get in was to pay for the training. Many of those that did the same as me are now flying at the major airlines are they also incompetent? In your eyes maybe, don't judge our credentials by the fact that we paid for our training. You are not me and I am proud of what I am and so is my family, sorry this offends you so much. Hope you enjoy your 135 gig, maybe I will see you for IOE one day.:D

Last edited:
Brit-
I am going to sign off this thread due to many facts which I believe truly speak for themselves and I don't want to take anything away from that. I am glad that you are happy with the career path that you decided to take, better you than I. ! !

What constitutes "earning" a job in your book?
I would let the obvious stick out and for those who know this program I don't think anything else needs to be said. Sometimes "silence" can speak novels.......

Good luck

3 5 0

ps> How many pilots who "paid" for the F.O. program have ever washed out of the Gulf program prior to being 121 qualified.??!!- I think these numbers are the best evidence that backed up my previous post. ! :D

350DRIVER said:
Brit-
I am glad that you are happy with the career path that you decided to take, better you than I. ! !

Yet another self righteous dig at myself. As a matter of fact I did'nt go the Gulfstream route but that makes no differance. If some one choses this route that's fine. it does'nt mean, as you love to suggest, that they lack skill or dignity. It would seem that you need to grow up a little bit and not point the finger at those that drive down a different road to achieve their dream. More power to them, I think I would prefer to fly with them than you, as a matter of fact I have flown with some of them, good pilots all and good attitudes. Why not buy yourself a reality check?

]

P-F-T

Britpilot said:
I think that I have said this before, I wanted to fly for an airline and at the time the ONLY way to get in was to pay for the training.
Res ipsa loquitor, which means, "the thing speaks for itself."

Call me anything you want, my friend. For that matter, look at my resume, compare it to the commuter mins of the day, and compare both to the hirees of the day. You will call me "qualified" - except that they were 22 or 23 and I was 40. Now, what do you call that? (Let me give you a hint - ADEA).

Define "hungry." Cutting in line in front of others via money, and "hungry," are mutually exclusive.

Once more, to quote the Beatles, circa 1963, " . . . . The best things in life are free . . . . " (correction on the lyrics)

PS-Good for you regarding your achievements. If you're looking for envy, though, you won't find it here. ;)

Last edited:
Re: P-F-T

bobbysamd said:
Res ipsa loquitor, which means, "the thing speaks for itself."

Call me anything you want, my friend. For that matter, look at my resume, compare it to the commuter mins of the day, and compare both to the hirees of the day. You will call me "qualified" - except that they were 22 or 23 and I was 40. Now, what do you call that? (Let me give you a hint - ADEA).

Define "hungry." Cutting in line in front of others via money, and "hungry," are mutually exclusive.

Once more, to quote the Beatles, circa 1963, more or less, " . . . . They say the best things in life are free . . . . "

PS-Good for you regarding your achievements. If you're looking for envy, though, you won't find it here. ;)

No, not looking for envy, I really couldn't care what you or any one else thinks.
Where did I "cut in line"? At the time if you wanted a job you paid, very simple, that's the way it was and that's the way it may be again if and when the regional airlines resume hiring, so be prepared.
Very familar with the Beatles as they originated from my country of birth. However, there is no such thing as a free lunch anywhere in this world.
You and your suporters continue to critisize those of us that paid for our training when not one of us has said they agree with the concept. It was required at the time in order to secure the job,that is all.
I have heard your tale of woe several times and admire your principles of not paying for training but at the end of the day I am flying for an airline and you are not. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride.
I began flight training to go to an airline, I paid for all my flight training from private pilot to CFI myself, I had to have these ratings in order to get a job so I don't see anything wrong with paying for my initial airline training.
As for you Mr 350, don't critisize those who paid just because you won't, you were not around for the hiring in the late '90s or maybe you would have been faced with the same choices as we were, who knows you maybe faced with those choices in the future if you wish to fly for an airline.

Nigel,

I really don't care to get involved in this debate, as I have my hands full with other subjects. I only plan on jumping in to correct something that you have repeated many times.

You have said that you had to PFT because that was the "only way to get a job back then." Please allow me to correct your misconception. You mentioned that you were hired about four years ago. Back then there were literally dozens of regional airlines who did not require PFT. I know because I sent hundreds of resumes, but only to airlines that did not make me write a check. Granted, this was a few years before your hire date, but the number of PFT airlines actually decreased from when I was hired by my first regional to when you were.

Feel free to defend your choices, but do so using facts rather than inaccuracies. The fact is that when you were hired, there were many many regional airlines who did not require PFT. Writing a check was not the only way to get hired, and to state otherwise could lead one to believe that you are not as secure in your choice as you would have us believe.

Brit pilot, do you mean the early 90's???? I hope so because if one had to buy time in the late 90's, when people were getting on with less than a thousand hours, somethings is definatly wrong!!

Latest resources

Back