Gulfstream getting CoEx Routes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Britty
You are here, a natural citizen of Brittain, PFT, and flying for a company that has people renting out a paid pilot seat. You are the epitamy of so many problems with this country. I can't belive you, spewing off ignorance, and trying to rationalize a problem that is horific. The fact that you paid for training is one thing, but you are flying for a company that was started by an Eastern Scab, that has pilots in the experience level of around 250 hours PAYING for a pilot seat that should be given to a qualified pilot and getting paid for the job done, on top of the fact that many of them are here on Student Visas, and you are not even from here(flame if you must). And now your company is taking over routes that my Coex friends and others still on furlough used to fly. I would never be proud to be in your position, I wouldn't be able to look other pilots in the eye in the concourse. I guess when in Texas I'll have to do the same thing me and everyone I know who flies the bahamas does when they see you p*ssy's in Marsh, ignore you like you are the guano you are. Like at the Banyan Pilot Mart when you hard on's come strolling in wearing monkey suits. Go ahead and keep being proud of yourself, its hilarious. Its just unfortunate that you guys are taking over routes of decent people.
BTW nice knock on the 135 flying, and nice coment about how you don't care about what anyone on this board or anyone for that matter cares. It shows dork. If you don't care than why have you made 9 posts about it. All the while your other lackies that were speaking up have retreated to the holes y'all are supposed to be in.
You've obviously picked your face off.
duder

El Duderino said:
Britty
You are here, a natural citizen of Brittain, PFT, and flying for a company that has people renting out a paid pilot seat. You are the epitamy of so many problems with this country. I can't belive you, spewing off ignorance, and trying to rationalize a problem that is horific. The fact that you paid for training is one thing, but you are flying for a company that was started by an Eastern Scab, that has pilots in the experience level of around 250 hours PAYING for a pilot seat that should be given to a qualified pilot and getting paid for the job done, on top of the fact that many of them are here on Student Visas, and you are not even from here(flame if you must). And now your company is taking over routes that my Coex friends and others still on furlough used to fly. I would never be proud to be in your position, I wouldn't be able to look other pilots in the eye in the concourse. I guess when in Texas I'll have to do the same thing me and everyone I know who flies the bahamas does when they see you p*ssy's in Marsh, ignore you like you are the guano you are. Like at the Banyan Pilot Mart when you hard on's come strolling in wearing monkey suits. Go ahead and keep being proud of yourself, its hilarious. Its just unfortunate that you guys are taking over routes of decent people.
BTW nice knock on the 135 flying, and nice coment about how you don't care about what anyone on this board or anyone for that matter cares. It shows dork. If you don't care than why have you made 9 posts about it. All the while your other lackies that were speaking up have retreated to the holes y'all are supposed to be in.
You've obviously picked your face off.
duder

I think you need to get your facts correct before you launch into a personal attack on me.
I am from Britain not Brittain.
I am a citizen of the USA, and I resent your racial slur.
I do not and have never flown for Gulfstream. If you look at my profile you will see that I fly the EMB-145 just like your "friends" at COEX, which by the way, is actually called Express Jet and it is they who write my paycheck.
I did not "knock" 135 flying as I used to do this myself.
Be very careful who you accuse of being a scab, I am an ALPA member in good standing, union committee member and resent the accusation.
Your post displays ignorance, lack of research and worse still you are a racist. I hope that you never make it to an airline.

willi7 said:
Brit pilot, do you mean the early 90's???? I hope so because if one had to buy time in the late 90's, when people were getting on with less than a thousand hours, somethings is definatly wrong!!
No I mean the late '90s. I was hired in '98. I would not have had to pay for training if I had 100 more multi. They discontinued the policy two months after I was hired as did most other companies. It was about this time that the real "boom" of low time hiring began. Ther is nothing "wrong" with me I promise.

FlyDeltasJets said:
Nigel,

I really don't care to get involved in this debate, as I have my hands full with other subjects. I only plan on jumping in to correct something that you have repeated many times.

You have said that you had to PFT because that was the "only way to get a job back then." Please allow me to correct your misconception. You mentioned that you were hired about four years ago. Back then there were literally dozens of regional airlines who did not require PFT. I know because I sent hundreds of resumes, but only to airlines that did not make me write a check. Granted, this was a few years before your hire date, but the number of PFT airlines actually decreased from when I was hired by my first regional to when you were.

Feel free to defend your choices, but do so using facts rather than inaccuracies. The fact is that when you were hired, there were many many regional airlines who did not require PFT. Writing a check was not the only way to get hired, and to state otherwise could lead one to believe that you are not as secure in your choice as you would have us believe.

I am not defending my choices, like I said I don't care what any one thinks about me or any one else who paid for our training.
The facts and not inaccuracies are, that I also sent resumes to all regional airlines and I am aware that not all required pay for training. Thank you for pointing that out. The better airlines did require that I paid and that is where I decided to go, personal choice with an eye to the future. The marjority of those that did not require payment required higher time than I had at that time and it would have taken me longer to achieve those extra multi hours. I felt that with 2500 hours already I was ready for the move.
Still very secure in my choice to pay for my training, why wouldn't I be? Although it appears that a lot of you are not and are fast to jump down my throat about it. I even got called a scab by one poster who does not even fly for an airline. It appears that there are a lot of "experts" out there that are very quick to show their ignorance on airline subjects.
Like I said, there may be a situation in the future with airlines watching their budgets very carefully that potential new hires will be faced with the option of paying for training or not getting that job. That is the reality like it or not. Hope you get recalled soon.

Nigel,

I didn't "jump down your throat" at all. In fact, I was careful to keep my opinion out of my post.

All I wanted to point out was that you saying that the "only" way to get hired in the late 90's was by paying was incorrect. You yourself even admitted that you would not have had to pay had you gotten more multi time. That fact alone refuted your original claim.

Thank you for your good wishes. I too hope that everyone is back where they belong very soon.

Point taken, however you will agree that seniority is one of the most valuable things that an airline pilot needs. It would have taken me nearly a year or more to obtain that extra 100 hours and I wanted an airline job with a stable company. I was watching pilots get hired with less time than myself and therefore the choice was simple, pay or don't get hired for an undetermined amount of time.
If so many people were against the pay for training situation, how did the company fill sixty slots every two weeks? I suggest that the majority of us are prepared to pay for the chance of an airline position, not that this makes it right, just that a lot of us are prepared to make the financial sacrifice.
I did not know at the time that the requirement to pay for training would go away, impossible to predict and I add that I still had to go through the usual interview process. A job was not guaranteed just because you had the money, anyone who went through a COEX interview at the time will atest to this.
In short, my choices at the time were limited and as my seniority is all that has prevented me from a situation that befalls you, I say that the choice was a good one.
If any one does not agree with the pay for training concept then they should not do it but as I mentioned this may come back in the future. Remember there are a lot of qualified high time pilots that will competing for the few jobs that will be available at a time of budget restrained airline operations.
You pay your money and take your choice (or not if that is the case)

Last edited:
1998 v. 1992

Britpilot said:
No I mean the late '90s. I was hired in '98. I would not have had to pay for training if I had 100 more multi. They discontinued the policy two months after I was hired as did most other companies. It was about this time that the real "boom" of low time hiring began. Ther is nothing "wrong" with me I promise.
(emphasis added)

So, my friend, and I consider you to be my friend because you are also a pilot, it is apparent that you cut in line after all.

Lesseee .... 1998, when you were hired ...... and the early '90s, when I was trying. A little difference in time frame, I think ........ In 1998, everyone and his brother had a reasonable shot at landing a commuter interview. Circa 1990, with the Gulf War, recession, and Eastern and Pan Am et al furloughs, there was more than the usual glut of talent available for the few jobs to be had. It's an apples-and-oranges comparison.

Your admission that it was 1998 and not 1992 when you were hired changes this discussion quite a bit, don't you think? You were saying that back in 1992 the only way to get hired was to pay for training. To me, that seemed to be the only way, and I refused because I did not care to grovel, but, categorically, it was not true at all. May I name a few commuter airlines back then that were not P-F-T that are still around today? SkyWest? Horizon? Continental Express? Eagle? My G-d, even that lean, mean, money-making machine Mesa was not P-F-T (I realize it had its FO program(s) and its pay-for-interview ATP "program," but Mesa still hired plenty off the street). Comair (not the academy) had its P-F-T program, but it hired off the street as well. I know; I interviewed there.

You attack my story as a tale of woe. Perhaps it is. You call me bitter. Perhaps, from your perspective, I am. Attack away. But, as long as we're having a discussion, or, at least trying to have a discussion, let's not distort the facts.

Once again, I wish you nothing but the best. Your apparent dislike of the legal profession and what I do now notwithstanding, please contact me if you ever need that kind of help and I'll be delighted to help you any way I can.

Re: 1998 v. 1992

bobbysamd said:
(emphasis added)

So, my friend, and I consider you to be my friend because you are also a pilot, it is apparent that you cut in line after all.

Cut in line in front of who? Here's how it happened. Sent out a resume to Continental Express, got called to interview, completed interview, was hired on basis of qualifications and experiance (not on the ability to pay), third week of training paid my check. Every one had the same chance. I was sending out resumes to regional airlines from the begining of 95 and have been cetificated since 90. I did not cut in line in front of any one.
And no. I am not a fan of the legal professional and not a lot of people are evident from the recent proposals to limit frivilous law suits. I relize that we need lawyers for certain things but we do not need so many who are nothing but parasites and manage only to fatten their wallets.

Nigel, you dont have to defend yourself. their was a time when everyone paid at coex, it didn't matter what the time requirement was. times have changed now and with us having almost 400 people on the street times have changed. when we get everyone back and begin hiring again you just watch what the time requirements will be by then. check your pm.

Not to post the obvious...BUT...if the guy didn't want to PFT, he could have simply bought block time in a twin and acquired another 100hrs for much less than PFTing. You could have flown that in 2 weeks. Whoops. I got hired in '99 with barely a commercial ticket. I had persistence and tenacity. If I hadn't gotten the job, my CFI ticket I was working on would have gotten me a job. Seniority isn't everything. It's very important but it's not more important than selling your reputation for a job.

Latest resources

Back