• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream fined $1.3M for faking pilot records

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It looks like they'll have to start raising tuition to cover the fine.

Last edited:
I'm surprised the media hasn't figured this one out yet...

What do the former VP of Flight Ops at Gulfstream, the former Director of the Training Center at Pinnacle, and the President of Colgan Air all have in common?

They are all the same man. And he's not a pilot, not by a long shot.

They could get shut down. Remember now the families of all the people that died in those crashes will now line up and sue the crap out of Gulfstream Academy.

I see a bunch of folks jumping ship over there very soon.

You guys are running wild with this one. Read the article again. While I don't care much for GA and their practices, the fine issued by the FAA has nothing to do with any connection to GA and those accidents. There's two different stories here morphed into one. The fine was issued strictly for falsification of pilot logs and shady maintenance.

Do I think GA's extremely unorthodox way of training had anything to do with those accidents? Sure. But unfortunately at this point it's all intangible speculation.

Still, that size fine on that small of an operation is going to hurt financially, let alone from a public-confidence perspective.

WSJ article.

Eventually Karma would catch up with these clowns. Attention: if you "graduated" in your little uniform from Gulfstream, the world now knows your license is worth zero. Actually about $25,000.

Ummm....I think their licenses were issued by the same authority that your licenses were issued. I think you need to recollect your thoughts and try that one again.

You guys are running wild with this one. Read the article again. While I don't care much for GA and their practices, the fine issued by the FAA has nothing to do with any connection to GA and those accidents. There's two different stories here morphed into one. The fine was issued strictly for falsification of pilot logs and shady maintenance.

Do I think GA's extremely unorthodox way of training had anything to do with those accidents? Sure. But unfortunately at this point it's all intangible speculation.

Wait till Lawyers get a hold of it. They and the families WILL make a connection. Our society is all about getting sued and making a dollar. This just might make it to Gulfstream Academy.

Just another nail in the coffin for Gulfstream. That place is a joke. Anyone associated with that place is tainted for life.

Latest resources

Back