Gulfstream fined $1.3M for faking pilot records

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WSJ article.

Eventually Karma would catch up with these clowns. Attention: if you "graduated" in your little uniform from Gulfstream, the world now knows your license is worth zero. Actually about $25,000.

Last edited:
That is one of the finest article's I've ever read in USAToday. Includes all the relevant facts and lets the reader draw the (obvious) conclusion. The silly quote from the website emphasizes the amateur and foolish nature of the whole operation.

Bystrom said. "We don't compromise on safety," he said.

Uh, I guess the FAA would beg to differ, since they are fining you $1.3 mil.

People can still recover from the fine, shut them down and revoke ANY opportunity to re-start up.

I FEEL SORRY FOR THOSE MAMA's BOYS AND GIRL's

GREAT AT LEAST THE GOVERNMENT IS DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THOSE LOW WAGES
COMPANIES.

THEY SHOULD FINE EVERY SINLE ONE OF THEM AND CLOSED THEM DOWN.
MAYBE THAT WAY THE PILOT GROUP GET PAID BETTER.

People can still recover from the fine, shut them down and revoke ANY opportunity to re-start up.

They could get shut down. Remember now the families of all the people that died in those crashes will now line up and sue the crap out of Gulfstream Academy.

I see a bunch of folks jumping ship over there very soon.

They'll just pass the cost along to their paying passengers. The price for a ticket on a Gulfstream flight will go up now. (waiting...waiting...)

wow.. that is pretty startling evidence if the FO on comair, the CPT on Colgan and both crewmembers of the pinnacle flight were all gulfstream grads.

that is a link that is hard to ignore

Latest resources

Back