• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Gulfstream fined $1.3M for faking pilot records

Oakum_Boy

supercalifragilistic
Total Time
WSJ article.

Eventually Karma would catch up with these clowns. Attention: if you "graduated" in your little uniform from Gulfstream, the world now knows your license is worth zero. Actually about $25,000.

Last edited:

Cardinal

Of The Kremlin
Total Time
K's
That is one of the finest article's I've ever read in USAToday. Includes all the relevant facts and lets the reader draw the (obvious) conclusion. The silly quote from the website emphasizes the amateur and foolish nature of the whole operation.

wmuflyguy

flunky
Total Time
5k+
Bystrom said. "We don't compromise on safety," he said.

Uh, I guess the FAA would beg to differ, since they are fining you $1.3 mil.

blesko

Total Time
People can still recover from the fine, shut them down and revoke ANY opportunity to re-start up.

se1776

splash 8
Total Time
I FEEL SORRY FOR THOSE MAMA's BOYS AND GIRL's

GREAT AT LEAST THE GOVERNMENT IS DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THOSE LOW WAGES
COMPANIES.

THEY SHOULD FINE EVERY SINLE ONE OF THEM AND CLOSED THEM DOWN.
MAYBE THAT WAY THE PILOT GROUP GET PAID BETTER.

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Total Time
People can still recover from the fine, shut them down and revoke ANY opportunity to re-start up.

They could get shut down. Remember now the families of all the people that died in those crashes will now line up and sue the crap out of Gulfstream Academy.

I see a bunch of folks jumping ship over there very soon.

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time

They'll just pass the cost along to their paying passengers. The price for a ticket on a Gulfstream flight will go up now. (waiting...waiting...)

enuffalready

Total Time
4000+
wow.. that is pretty startling evidence if the FO on comair, the CPT on Colgan and both crewmembers of the pinnacle flight were all gulfstream grads.

that is a link that is hard to ignore

jonjuan

Honey Ryder
Total Time
3,000+
It looks like they'll have to start raising tuition to cover the fine.

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
Last edited:

SELCAL checks

Registered Abuser
Total Time
I'm surprised the media hasn't figured this one out yet...

What do the former VP of Flight Ops at Gulfstream, the former Director of the Training Center at Pinnacle, and the President of Colgan Air all have in common?

They are all the same man. And he's not a pilot, not by a long shot.

Cardinal

Of The Kremlin
Total Time
K's
1.3 Mil...That should only require 52 more "paid first officers" to take care of that bill.

K.V.

Total Time
a lot
They could get shut down. Remember now the families of all the people that died in those crashes will now line up and sue the crap out of Gulfstream Academy.

I see a bunch of folks jumping ship over there very soon.

You guys are running wild with this one. Read the article again. While I don't care much for GA and their practices, the fine issued by the FAA has nothing to do with any connection to GA and those accidents. There's two different stories here morphed into one. The fine was issued strictly for falsification of pilot logs and shady maintenance.

Do I think GA's extremely unorthodox way of training had anything to do with those accidents? Sure. But unfortunately at this point it's all intangible speculation.

SKYWRJGUY

Total Time
10k+
Still, that size fine on that small of an operation is going to hurt financially, let alone from a public-confidence perspective.

eyeamthechosen1

Total Time
WSJ article.

Eventually Karma would catch up with these clowns. Attention: if you "graduated" in your little uniform from Gulfstream, the world now knows your license is worth zero. Actually about $25,000.

Ummm....I think their licenses were issued by the same authority that your licenses were issued. I think you need to recollect your thoughts and try that one again.

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Total Time
You guys are running wild with this one. Read the article again. While I don't care much for GA and their practices, the fine issued by the FAA has nothing to do with any connection to GA and those accidents. There's two different stories here morphed into one. The fine was issued strictly for falsification of pilot logs and shady maintenance.

Do I think GA's extremely unorthodox way of training had anything to do with those accidents? Sure. But unfortunately at this point it's all intangible speculation.

Wait till Lawyers get a hold of it. They and the families WILL make a connection. Our society is all about getting sued and making a dollar. This just might make it to Gulfstream Academy.

SEVEN

Total Time
Just another nail in the coffin for Gulfstream. That place is a joke. Anyone associated with that place is tainted for life.