• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sorry I had to cut my story short before.
But going back to this Gulfstream Airline pilot, He was pretty exited about training with this company, He said that he tried MESA training school but that school didn’t offered him any big airplane experience like Gulfstream Airlines does
But as soon he gets the time he will love to fly for these companies
And this was his four choices
GO JETS, MESA, CHAUTAUQUA, and EAGLE
He told me that in another hundred hours I should be ready to fly a shinny jet.
Yeah I now what are you guys thinking.
Where this industry is is going to.
For Mr. Flyer1015
I am aware of the rules, but since you are paying them and they are not investing in you,
I don’t think you need a commercial certificate. Is a flying school your are training so a Private multi-engine pilot can carry people for fun because he is not getting a check from
Gulfstream Airlines. So that’s why I told you that this guy only had 150 hours

Hmmmmm...
Now I'm no English Major, but, does this writing style seem a bit too 6th gradish to anyone else?

Here we go
I am just sharing this info with you guys no need to get mad now.
If you work there is OK, move on men. You’ll meet those four airlines minimums one day.
By the way I know my writing and grammar aren't perfect but I hope you got the point. STREAKS

Alsomake sure to leave your back pack and your Ipod at home in case this companies call you.

Last edited:
it states that your position is "above the stratosphere" then your head must be shoved in a black hole circling uranus because you are an ass hat for listing all the gay airplanes you flew.. i hope you walk into a prop
You forgot to capitalize Stratosphere, it's a place in Vegas.

For Mr. Flyer1015
I am aware of the rules, but since you are paying them and they are not investing in you,
I don’t think you need a commercial certificate. Is a flying school your are training so a Private multi-engine pilot can carry people for fun because he is not getting a check from
Gulfstream Airlines. So that’s why I told you that this guy only had 150 hours

Isn't Gulfstream Airlines a Part 121 airline? You need a qualified Captain with an ATP and a type rating on the B1900, and a qualified First Officer with *at least* a Commercial/Multi engine/Instrument ratings.

Or am I missing something? Gulfstream Airlines isn't certified for single pilots ops in the 1900 (is that even possible)?!

Isn't Gulfstream Airlines a Part 121 airline? You need a qualified Captain with an ATP and a type rating on the B1900, and a qualified First Officer with *at least* a Commercial/Multi engine/Instrument ratings.

Or am I missing something? Gulfstream Airlines isn't certified for single pilots ops in the 1900 (is that even possible)?!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]COURSE REQUIREMENTS[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]First Officer candidates must be 18 years of age, hold FAA Commercial and Instrument certificates with a Multi-engine rating, a valid passport, and a first class medical certificate. The candidate will be required to demonstrate pilot proficiency and aeronautical knowledge via a simulator evaluation and written examination.

(Off Gulfstream website)

I'm not sure why I'm even a part of this conversation. Oh yeah, it's because I suspect the original poster of being a 14 yo kid posing as a GIV captain.

First of all the idea that airlines should pay for your ratings is idiotic. Don't know where you got that idea. The day there are no airline pilots availabe is the day airlines will produce their own pilots. Second of all regardles of who's paying what, these gulfstream guys are paying the company for a job. That's the major difference. You can't compare 100K flight training, although I think that's majorly retarded, and people who buy a type rating. They're career investments. Still, they are not buying a job.

I'll agree, Gulfstream is unethical. My point is that we've defined what PFT is by the status quo of the industry, not by it's literal meaning which encompasses so much more.

Oh, and my first example compared us to other's in the transportation industry (truck drivers, who don't necessarily have to pay for their commercial privledges). Here's another example: a salute to all the true non-PFTers who let Uncle Sam pay for their training in the military. The rest of us have paid the bill for training to avoid this, and are thus PFT.

I know, it hurts to admit you're a PFTer, because then you get lumped in with all the stereotypical rich kid, spikey haired, ipod/backpack wearing, unskilled job thieves. On the other hand, we're all guilty, some more than others of paying for our own training, and not holding out for the airlines to pay for it.

The fact that we haven't gone past the industry standad status quo, as defined by flightinfoers everywhere, may relieve us from the PFT label, but not the sad fact that we literally have paid for our training, at least initially.

Go on, tell me that I'm wrong. It doesn't count if an airline doesn't directly benifit. Attack my profile, try to find something in my background, I'll admit it, I'm just as guilty for paying for training.

What's my point? I'm anti-PFT also, hypocritical as that may sound. My point is that we should examine all aspects of paying for training, even down to the flight schools before making Gulfstream the sole scapegoat, and rationalizing to ourselves that we haven't participated in PFT is only hurting us.

I dont' mean to offend anyone, just analizing the issue, and admiting my own fault.

I agreed with. You time builder you see the problem with this industry is that there is a
lot of mama's boy and girls flying around Saying my mom will pay for that or my dad will support me while I screw the industry

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back