• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Academy track record

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're kidding, right? While the NTSB does a good job as a federal agency, the FAA is very hit and miss and like I just stated, because GIA stays in a very confined bubble, that helps make it passable. And while there are competent people who come from GIA, it seems to be an operation that guarantees the less competent willing to shell out the money to make it through as evidenced by the accident connection between grads of the program and the latest flurry of accidents. In my personal experience flying with GIA people and in speaking with others, they are more hit and miss than any other background.

Wow now the feds are incompetent? You should just drive your imaginary mutt around because in the air he's screwed. What's the matter? Did you wash out?

It does not guarantee the less competent anything. Are you that f*ckin ignorant or just plain stupid? They fly their 250 and if they suck they are out.

Blame the other carrier for picking them up just because they need a meat sack in the seat to fill for their attrition. It is they who dropped the ball. I was a check airman there for 3 years and my conscience is clear. Every training record I have signed off has a name of an individual that was competent to occupy that seat and became a permanent UNION card carrying first officer.

Even some of the rejects that I had to send back for remedial training were former Riddle Instructors!

You will find a former GIA pilot whether PFT or no PFT in EVERY MAJOR AIRLINE IN THIS COUNTRY. UPS AND FEDEX TOO. So get a bus ticket for your stupid imaginary mutt and STFU.

Oh and by the way - To this day.

0 fatalities.

Last edited:
FedEx has had about 5 accidents in six years (confirmation needed)...

What is the common thread there?

Look hard enough to find it....

Curious if anyone knows how many daily flights are operated by both? But more to the point, the problem at Fedex is a culture (safety culture) issue imho. One where getting it there tends to have a bit more weight than it aught in the safety equation.

I see that Gulfstream is furloughing..... that raises and interesting question....

If you bought your job to start with and you get furloughed, do they give you all your money back or do they pro-rate it?

Wow now the feds are incompetent? You should just drive your imaginary mutt around because in the air he's screwed. What's the matter? Did you wash out?

It does not guarantee the less competent anything. Are you that f*ckin ignorant or just plain stupid? They fly their 250 and if they suck they are out.

Blame the other carrier for picking them up just because they need a meat sack in the seat to fill for their attrition. It is they who dropped the ball. I was a check airman there for 3 years and my conscience is clear. Every training record I have signed off has a name of an individual that was competent to occupy that seat and became a permanent UNION card carrying first officer.

Even some of the rejects that I had to send back for remedial training were former Riddle Instructors!

You will find a former GIA pilot whether PFT or no PFT in EVERY MAJOR AIRLINE IN THIS COUNTRY. UPS AND FEDEX TOO. So get a bus ticket for your stupid imaginary mutt and STFU.

Oh and by the way - To this day.

0 fatalities.

Your highly emotional semi-coherent rant does not help in your defense of GIA. The less people willing to go there, the better this profession becomes.

I see that Gulfstream is furloughing..... that raises and interesting question....

If you bought your job to start with and you get furloughed, do they give you all your money back or do they pro-rate it?
So since they're furloughing, is it just a single pilot operation now?

Your highly emotional semi-coherent rant does not help in your defense of GIA. The less people willing to go there, the better this profession becomes.

Your baseless, juvenile rants do not help anyone.

I haven't been there in over 5 years but when tools begin baseless, unwarranted accusations that all pilots from GIA are weak and incompetent. It pisses me off.

I am out.

Last edited:

I just looked through their IBT contract, and it seems that the IBT negotiated a side letter that lets them continue the PFT program while furloughing pilots, they just have to get rid of the PFT pilots within three days after they each complete their 250 hours. I could almost understand this in their first contract, but this is their second IBT contract. Could the IBT really not do any better than that? Come on. Kill the damned program.

Latest resources

Back