• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
khsgt-be glad you are flight instructing. it is rough out there. i suggest a more positive attitude. no flame here. just pointing out the facts. i have a resume at lakes, but they havent called me yet.

Any word on Jan 03 new hire class at Lakes?? Looking at past posts, sounds like you have to get a sponsor on the inside at Lakes to get an interview!!

Jet Dreamer, I am very lucky to have the instructing job that I have, it is well paying with the opportunity for multi time, but, I have been at it a couple of years and just looking to move on (I am happy where I am at for now though). Thanks guys for your help, and keep the greasy side down, even if it is with students.

With over 500 turbine and 1500 total do you guys think I'll be called anytime soon. I spent over an hour and a half and $28 for that online application last month. OR, like every other friggin regional out there, do you have to be married to the CP's daughter, or have 5000 total and 2000 PIC, and be 21 years old.

God, I'm getting tired of this s#%

Av8ter

Does anyone know if they pay attention to the faxes from that number?

They will probably disregard it and it may hurt you in the app process, b/c if an applicant did any research they would see that Lakes REQUIRES you to apply online. Just might show you don't follow directions to the HR folks.

"do you have to be married to the CP's daughter, or have 5000 total and 2000 PIC, and be 21 years old. God, I'm getting tired of this s#%"

If that is how you feel, then you need to get out of this industry. This has always been an industry where you need to make connections and smooze people, and I don't see that changing especially with the amount of over-qualified pilots on the street. Lakes wants people who are on there A game with there instrument skills, probably to be competetive around 1000TT, who aren't going to get the training/turbine time and leave immediately, and a letter of recommendation from a pilot at Lakes.

flying4food, think twice about your last comment. Yeah, you fly here and get alot of time. Yeah, I guess you make money here eventhough we qualify for low income. Yeah, it beats not flying at all. BUT, be prepared to get sh*t canned if you start a class in the near future. Negotiations are pointless because we are fighting an enemy who doesn't care. I see us going on strike in 2 months. I'm trying to jump ship as fast as I can because I want to be at a regional where I can be happy for 5 years. I speak from experience, I got furloughed from lakes middle of last year and thought I would never be back, but here I am. The sh*t I've gone throgh doesn't even compare to the majority of the pilots senior to me.

peace

Latest resources

Back