Great Lakes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Examples

Doug Voss was asked (in a meeting with the pilots) what asset was his most valuable. His answer was an eye opener. He said he knew he should say his employees are, but the BE1900 was his most valuable asset. Voss is the CEO/owner.

Voss has been known to call F.O.'s "paid passengers".

They refuse to staff reserve pilots. Any reserves are just transitioning from training to a line.

Pilots are afraid to call off duty, because that is usually when you get junior manned to cover a trip.

The current (expired) contract is only honored when it is to the company's advantage. Grievances are routinely denied, then appealed and forgotten about for years.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

By the way, I don't think they are hiring street captains anymore. I think they decided that it wasn't working out very well.

Oh, and skyking1976, Butler pretends to reach for the trim wheel and massages your leg in the process. So I think it should be public knowledge. :D

Menace said:
look, disco bob, or whatever... I've seen your posts before and I see that you just like to argue with someone. I watched the childish fight you had with whisky driver. I won't be responding to any more of your insults. Grow up and act like a mature pilot.

Menace, as much as I like a good debate, I think you are wasting your time. There are those who just love to throw insults and then run and hide or post under an assumed name. Let me direct your attention to that childish episode and have you recall that I NEVER ONCE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HIM PERSONNALLY, NOR DID I RESPOND WITH ATTACKS AGAINST HIS CHARACTER, he can't say the same... BTW did do some checking and pulled his IP off his posts and can give you his home email if you want it;)

Whisky driver,

Why don't you just drop it!!

Go back and read some of your posts if you don't think you are attacking someones character or worse making threats.

Menace is right that this board is for fun period.

No one should be so unprofessional as to take what is heard on this board to work. And no one should do anything other than make a reply to the person they disagree with.

To take it personal if someone calls names is crazy we don't even know who or what the other person is all about.

If you need to email me about this then please feel free, but we don't need to start a smut campaign or threats of exposing one another.

that is all

Ok then!!! You are correct, we don't need that period. What you said about me and my abilities in that last unprofessional series of attacks was not right plain and simple. I work very hard when I am on the line because there are 53 people counting on me every time I go up and hundreds more that are waiting on them to arrive the same way that I picked them up. Unlike most I ask every capt that I fly with to tell me if they see anything that needs improving, I can only fix that with which I know. Am I Chuck Yeager? NO, Do I think that I am the best pilot on the property? by no means. I am safe and professional and I think that I am also fun to work with. Flown the line here with most of the LCA's on the a/c and not one of them said that I am a bad pilot or that I need to work on my skills. I took that very personal from you. If I upset you by my comments about Lakes, I am sorry it was never intended to hurt or insult anyone. I do hope that we can put this incident behind us and continue to grow...

The one, the only

TRIIIIIICK DAddddddddy :cool:

commuting

Does anybody know if GLA allows commuting. Thank for your help

They allow commuting, but don't recommend it. the schedules are pretty brutal and don't allow much time for travel between trips. I was told that if i were to commute there that I could expect to be away from home up to 23 days a month.

commuting

I commuted for three years with Lakes and had pretty good luck with it. I only missed one trip and that was because of a blizzard covering the Midwest. The current chief pilot gives very little mercy to commuters. It can be done though. Also, the only time I was gone for 23 or more days was during initial training. I was usually home about 13 or 14 nights (give or take a few) every month.

Gentlemen,

Do you have any advice for attempting to get an interview within GLA. I have 1300/100, BS and I am sick of flight instructing. Thanks in advance for your help.

Latest resources

Back