• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
look, disco bob, or whatever... I've seen your posts before and I see that you just like to argue with someone. I watched the childish fight you had with whisky driver. I won't be responding to any more of your insults. Grow up and act like a mature pilot.

Those that are interested in Lakes should know that lakes was indeed shut down in 97 for maintenance issues.

And Menace is comparing Lakes to Ual and AAL absurd.

Those wanting info about lakes please don't get it from menance or me for that matter go to Cheyenne and find out what they are all about. Don't let some freak on the internet determine your carreer.

Well, Mr Menace To Society, your handle fits you well!! I guess you are just the supreme know it all!!! Talk about wanting to start a fight, I'll bet you're the guy that automatically flips a person off for doing something you don't perceive as being right. I have to agree with discostu, you are an IDIIIIOT!!!!

By the way, what was your point????

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** guys, CHILL OUT!! I was referring to crappy management in the sense that they treat US like crap! And flying4food, if you think that maintenance is shoddy here, what then are you implying about the pilots? That we intentionally fly around with broken planes? I for one, would NEVER take an unairworthy plane for the sake of getting a couple more PIC hours. It's not worth it. That shut down YEARS ago was as a result of Lakes having a hard time converting their maintenance program from PT 135 to PT 121. And if you ever set foot on a Great Lakes airplane, you can be sure that all inspections have been performed and that the airplane is safe. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT defending Lakes, but please don't draw the conclusion that poor management implies unsafe airplanes. Fly Safe!

Who said I was gay?!

Hey I wasn't saying anything bad about the pilots, or for that matter the company. My only point was these guys keep whinning and complaining about Lakes. My point was if was truly that bad, they wouldn't be around!! It seems some of these guys like to dump rain showers on other parades!!!

We all have to start somewhere, some out there seem to forget that!! I know for a fact that there are a lot of pilots at Skywest, Air Wisconson, Mesa and others, that got there start at Lakes. So if was good enough for you MENACE maybe it would be good enough for others!!!

Can anyone say BONEHEAD!!!!!

Come on

Does it make you feel like a better person by piling on and calling me names? If you were to actually read what I've posted you'd know where I stand. So, for the record:

Great Lakes is one of the most poorly run businesses that I have ever experienced......BUT.......it IS a place to get your foot in the door! I spent several years there and built some really great flight time and I've flown with a lot of great pilots (yes, Butler, you're one of them). I don't know another airline that will let someone upgrade as soon as that person thinks he's ready. You can get quality 121 flight time and a lot of it, depending on your domicile.

If you feel like being treated (by management) like a second class citizen, then by all means, go work at GLA. I'm not telling anyone not to work there, just don't go in there with your eyes closed. If you don't believe anything I've written here, just ask ANY pilot who currently works there or do a search and read the posts.

Yes it is common knowledge that Great Lakes was shut down for maintenance reasons. Fortunately, I came on shortly after that all happened so I don't know all the details, but it wasn't because of poor management. The FAA doesn't care how a company treats or pays its employees as long as they don't break any regulations.

Does anyone think that United or most of the other majors are in their current situation because of GOOD management? The terrorist attacks only sped up the inevitable. United was losing millions every day before the attacks. Of course it's absured to compare United to GLA, but the point was that United has had bad management for a long time. We'll all see how the current management will do. Hopefully the whole industry will start doing better and we all won't be so edgy.

One final point: Aviation is an unbelievably small community! Calling people names and thinking that it'll never catch up to you could be a big mistake. You never know who might be your next captain, interviewer, line check airman, etc......

I'm not trying to make enemies here, so lets all just have fun!

-Menace

P.S. Butler = gay :D

Lakes

I was just reading your post on how management treats the pilots there. Could you explain or give examples of the bad points of Great Lakes.

No one has answered the previous question about hiring captains off of the street. I, for one, would like to find out if they are and I really don't care if Butler is gay or not. Just as long as he keep his hands to himself.

Skyking:D

Latest resources

Back