Great Lakes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
brianh said:
Do you see them going out of business, or being gobbled up by another carrier??

Unfortunately brianh, it's likely the former versus the latter if management doesn't stop the aforementioned shennigans. The east side has all but been gobbled up by ACA, Air Wis, Skyway, Chicago Express, and anyone else I forgot. I just heard that Skyway won a bid for IMT, which I think only leaves ALO out of ORD. MSP appears safe, but something tells me Ornstein has plans for more EAS out of DEN which can't be good. How many flights a day can Worland stand? I also think that the debt that they've amassed makes them an unnattractive buyout candidate. I'd still go to ground school, if it was offered but keep beating the pavement like Cornelius.

Most in the industry know that "great shakes" is a bottom of the barrel "hack" outfit.

It has little to do with the pilots, though. Most 1900 (or equivilent size) operators are shoestring guys trying to maximize their wallet at anyones expense. Look at Gulfstream. Another garbage outfit.

If you want to build time for 12-18 months (especially if you're low time), its probably the best bet going right now.

In fact GLA, has a better rep than Gulfstream.

we're out of ORD in a month or two completely. Right now we're only able to serve 3 cities out of ORD and the overhead is too high to keep on serving those cities. Its official.

Latest resources

Back