Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UtahMonty

Change...just say no.
Over the past months I and others have tried to obtain a list of NJI pilots who have signed up to be represented by GPAC. The organizers have refused to reply much less offer the names of the pilots who support the effort. There are a substantial group of NJI pilots who feel that the company management can represent all of us as work rules and scope are ironed out.

Basic work rules are established in the 2007 CBA and LOA 13. Can anyone give just three things which cannot be handled by the managers at Okatie? What is it which requires another group of pilots sitting at the table? A group of pilots who have no power!

Until there is a published list of pilots who have agreed to be represented, the GPAC effort is NULL AND VOID. If the latest press release is correct, more than 247 pilots have signed up. Well, until we see the names of these folks, we say the effort is dead and certainly not legitimate to represent all the Gulfstream drivers.

Is there any reason to keep the list of names private? Maybe I am missing something very important? But in the private emails amongst ourselves, why can't we all know who is in support of our action committee?

The secrecy screams out for truth. No one is comfortable with organizations that operate in the dark, especially when they advertise to "represent" you.

Monty I am confused? Are trying to say something, make a statement or give your opinion? I can only assume you might one the management golden boys pushed forward by okatie to talk to NJASAP or "represent" the pilots. I think GPAC are pilots whom have concerns and want to know the facts of whats ahead and how it will affect them. They helping to make sure information is passed unobstructed or self interrepted. I would say Monty there is probably a fairly good reason that you are being denied access, the question is do you know why......I have a feeling they know why.

I and many others, have flown with several co-NJI pilots in the past months and, collectively, we can come up with 16 pilots who are either on the "nominee list" or admit to joining the GPAC. Only one, has mentioned even more than passing interest. Is everyone "afraid" of admitting they joined, or have they really not joined?

We live in a world of instant information. When there is no information, the rumor mill (online/out-on-the-line) quickly fills that vacuum; some true, some mostly true and some not true at all. Who knows? We at NJI know that as well as anyone. The great weakness of the leadership at Okatie has been communication. I personally believe that the leadership in the swamp is a victim of circumstances/position and that Woodbridge is actually the information culprit. The swamp is looking out for our best interest…. PM me if you want some examples.

I actually think having reps "at the table" is a good idea; but, aren't the boys down south our reps? I just don't trust the (current) tactics, secrecy and the tone of the GPAC. It has to change. Look, all I am asking for is some transparency. Exactly how many pilots have joined? What are their names? Release it privately. If this information is not released, GPAC is dead on arrival, and as the first poster stated, illegitimate. If it is released, I'll back the elected reps.

... There are a substantial group of NJI pilots who feel that the company management can represent all of us as work rules and scope are ironed out.

Basic work rules are established in the 2007 CBA and LOA 13. Can anyone give just three things which cannot be handled by the managers at Okatie? What is it which requires another group of pilots sitting at the table? A group of pilots who have no power!

#2278,

What do you think has to be ironed out at some table? The Basic 2007 Agreement and LOA 01-013 are negotiated and ratified agreements, binding on both NetJets and NJASAP, and cover the integration. The work rules and scope are already defined by those documents.

Last edited:
We live in a world of instant information. When there is no information, the rumor mill (online/out-on-the-line) quickly fills that vacuum; some true, some mostly true and some not true at all. Who knows?

Another great way to get accurate information is to update your contact information with NJASAP on their website so you can receive information directly from the Union.

Much like you did with the emails from Olsen and Brian Ward.

To be fair, I gave permission for my email to be shared with others, knowing full well that it would likely be "blasted."

Brian (#1790 -4th Q)

Last edited:
The GPAC has my email. I have sent emails asking questions and have received the standard line answer each time.

GPAC, just send me a number, forget the names; as of today, how many people have joined? Use the gpac gmail account. Do not send me "more and more every day", "everyone is really excited and you need to join", "membership is rapidly increasing", "well more than 50%,60%,75% of pilots"... that's all nonsense guys!

I think that NJI has about 330 "off the street guys" and about 35 "A-side guys" on the property. Not counting the A-guys, there needs to be 166 GPAC members for me to think there's any sort of weight to the claims that the GPAC is our rep at the table, like it or not.

PS: Regarding "A guys", I've flown with at least 10 of them and I can't say enough good about each one I've flown with -- first class, the whole lot! Why isn't anyone asking them what they think? They've seen "both sides" and might have the best perspective of us all.

___________added
VSL(4q08)#2065

Last edited:
Why isn't anyone asking them what they think? They've seen "both sides" and might have the best perspective of us all.

___________added
VSL(4q08)#2065

First, we have asked some of the NJA-to-NJI crossovers. We have talked to one who is going to help us "translate" A-to-I and I-to-A.

Second, as far as perspective, part of what we need input on is the viewpoints of pilots who are not currently represented who will later be represented by NJASAP. The NJA-to-NJI crossovers already have a bargaining agent.

Is there any reason to keep the list of names private? Maybe I am missing something very important? But in the private emails amongst ourselves, why can't we all know who is in support of our action committee?

Word of friendly advice: on a message board, or even a "private" mailing list of any significant size, you're going to run into moles who will go running to management with copies of your words. I don't recommend writing anything on a mailing list like that (or a union board, down the road) that you wouldn't say with management sitting in the room.

As a crossover and also one of the pilots running (not to hard to figure that out) I truely believe that the only way to get a clear idea of what is going on is to have worked for both companies and have seen the good and the bad of both companies. I think that we can incorporate the good of both companies while maintaining the QOL that long haul international flying requires and we have a history of.

I think straight talk from the pilots of NJI to the pilots of NJI will go a long way. Some may not like what they are going to hear but at least its not "spun" because they serve a different masters. Thats not a bad thing just a fact.

I do agree that if you're going to stand up you better stand up all the way and put your name on the line if you believe in it and making a difference or at least giving a group a voice.

Latest resources

Back