GPAC Is Dead and Illegitimate?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UtahMonty, Grumman Fan, Rusty Fan, et al,

GPAC has voluntarily dissolved. Regardless of the reasons, regardless of the registration numbers, it's past. Let's focus on the future, which is how to best integrate pilot groups.

Brian

I have to say I'm truly disappointed in what has transpired. As a crossover pilot there are a lot of times that I feel that I'm a pilot without a company. The gold tie guys who I've spent 7 years with look at you with suspicion and the company I work with pick and choose which part of the loa I work under like its a Swedish smorgasbord. Yet I'm still happy here and want to share my experience to better make the two groups understand each other.

I have met some truly great I pilots. And very very few real a holes. But there is always a percentage of aholes to great guys everywhere, facts of life. I do enjoy being at dinner with some pilots and watching them pontificate about the union. They usually have no experience with, and whos stories are usually related from 3rd party which really just covers up their own insecurities. I usually smile while guys like this make an ass out of themselves and the room becomes uncomfortable for everyone else. Yet eventually a fellow employee will come up and express an apology for our fellow coworker which was never needed but always appreciated.

Face it I guys the true hard fact is the union is coming. Your not going to change that and like death and taxes your not going to escape it. I truly saw GPAC as a way for the I and the crossover A guys to explain to the union why how we do things and report back to you. Or what is good over here and how that could spread company wide. I was getting more excited to be able share some of what I've learned from the pilots and management of this company and was excited to talk to those that were willing to listen.

I think that a great opportunity was lost and due to a lawyers letter, which I'm no stranger of, put the starters of GPAC into a tough position. This is exactly what the letter was intended to do. The actions of a few ruined the chance of a good thing to be born independent of anyone's agenda except yours. (Nji pilots).

They (gpac) had the backing of the majority of the membership because the majority of pilots saw no harm in wanting their own at the table.

Demanding to see the results was a smoke screen to instill fud (fear uncertainty and doubt) into those that were either reading FI or sitting at the Hilton TEB breakfast tables listening to court being held by those same select few who condemned the organizers for not having the proof but then anointed themselves the voice of the majority. For whatever motivation, incentive monetary or ego driven, who knows. All I know is the pilots lost.

I didn't need the extra hassle and time to be spent doing this. I've got enough on my plate. Who knew exactly where this was going to go and I was looking forward to that. To giving the honest no bull straight talk and listening to everyone's opinions even the uniformed.

See you on the road.

Latest resources

Back