• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Got the Rejection Letter from Usairways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi Field Narshall. They really aren't jobs. I own the business's and I can run them from the great hotels I get to spend time in and even while pax are boarding I will answer the phone. I'm a little surprised by the responses to my post. Are you really against a pilot having a side biz? What if I lose my medical? I'm prepared for that.

So you are going to put your families welfare in the hands of your decision making? Good luck with that.;)
In the meantime, how about the other quagmire that your pilot group has put on this industry. Your industry dragging pay and work rules?

So you are going to put your families welfare in the hands of your decision making? Good luck with that.;)
In the meantime, how about the other quagmire that your pilot group has put on this industry. Your industry dragging pay and work rules?

It sounds like you want us to vote in a lousy contract that has a few bucks more an hour to help you out? With the governments help our wonderful management is not backing off the Kirby Proposal. The "Term Sheet" or MOU with AA pilots is similiar. Instead of making vague statements like "your pilot group..." why don't you be more specific and explain to our pilot group why you think a contract with no scope, no min fleet and no min utilization rates is a good thing. It is a fact that we have min utilization rates in our current contract and the company violated it and we won that arbitration a few years ago. So if it's not even in the contract why would you believe that they would properly utilize the only money maker in the company? I'm sorry we do charge for beer so flying the planes isn't the only money maker...but you don't really think people would board the aircraft just to buy a beer and then leave do you? My prediction is you wont have any thing to say about this post. My guess is you don't even understand min utilization rates do you.

It sounds like you want us to vote in a lousy contract that has a few bucks more an hour to help you out?

You guys are making $62/hr less than every other A330 current contract, and $40/hr less than our 3 year old contract.... I'd hardly call that a few bucks..

Nevermind the work rules..

Last edited:
It sounds like you want us to vote in a lousy contract that has a few bucks more an hour to help you out? With the governments help our wonderful management is not backing off the Kirby Proposal. The "Term Sheet" or MOU with AA pilots is similiar. Instead of making vague statements like "your pilot group..." why don't you be more specific and explain to our pilot group why you think a contract with no scope, no min fleet and no min utilization rates is a good thing. It is a fact that we have min utilization rates in our current contract and the company violated it and we won that arbitration a few years ago. So if it's not even in the contract why would you believe that they would properly utilize the only money maker in the company? I'm sorry we do charge for beer so flying the planes isn't the only money maker...but you don't really think people would board the aircraft just to buy a beer and then leave do you? My prediction is you wont have any thing to say about this post. My guess is you don't even understand min utilization rates do you.

Ok, let's look at the "few bucks more an hour" you're talking about, K?

All 12th yr pay rates: Per hour
Airbus 330
LCC = $160
DAL = $222
UAL = $235 (764 rates at DAL pay banded with 330 rates)

B737

LCC = $125
DAL = $188
UAL = $189

You're not even close. You haven't negotiated with the west pilots in good faith in over 5 years. Your union hijacked the pilot group and has got more DFR lawsuits against it than ALPA has in its history!
What I can't understand is you talk about Parker like he's the enemy, and I agree with you, however you're treatment of the west pilots is more of how you should be treating Parker.
You're not even in the ball park! So don't talk to me about min utilization until you bring your gutter wages, and work rules into this century!

You guys are making $62/hr less than every other A330 current contract, and $40/hr less than our 3 year old contract.... I'd hardly call that a few bucks..

Nevermind the work rules..

So don't keep secrets! Come on this is an anonymous web forumn so no one will know that you gave us the secret. Tell us how do we get the ex-con dui chug-a-lug Dougweiser to pay us this $62 an hour more. You wont will you thanks a lot. Work rules are just as important as pay rates. If they raise the rates to 2 billion dollars an hour and they stop flying the airo planes and they furlough me how much per hour will I get on furlough? Exactly.

Ok, let's look at the "few bucks more an hour" you're talking about, K?

All 12th yr pay rates: Per hour
Airbus 330
LCC = $160
DAL = $222
UAL = $235 (764 rates at DAL pay banded with 330 rates)

B737

LCC = $125
DAL = $188
UAL = $189

You're not even close. You haven't negotiated with the west pilots in good faith in over 5 years. Your union hijacked the pilot group and has got more DFR lawsuits against it than ALPA has in its history!
What I can't understand is you talk about Parker like he's the enemy, and I agree with you, however you're treatment of the west pilots is more of how you should be treating Parker.
You're not even in the ball park! So don't talk to me about min utilization until you bring your gutter wages, and work rules into this century!

DUI wants to furlough me and outsource more shiny jets. How will these pay rates help me on furlough? Exactly and no I wont go on furlough to help you.

Oh please. ALPA chose the game we have.... Every pilot group for themselves. It's been that way for years and it won't change. ALPA has members getting paid less than $15k and over $250k performing the same skill.

So don't keep secrets! Come on this is an anonymous web forumn so no one will know that you gave us the secret. Tell us how do we get the ex-con dui chug-a-lug Dougweiser to pay us this $62 an hour more. You wont will you thanks a lot. Work rules are just as important as pay rates. If they raise the rates to 2 billion dollars an hour and they stop flying the airo planes and they furlough me how much per hour will I get on furlough? Exactly.

call the Delta or United MEC and see how they did it, or wait... you can't.. you're not ALPA, nvm.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back