• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Goodbye usapa!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, I don't understand why you guys think APA is an irrelevant, fake skab union. I have no understanding of that. You guys are unglued. :D
The West committee is completely autonomous as the APA actually know how to be a union and to fulfill it's DFR unlike you idiots. The APA has no say over what the West Committee presents to the arbitration panel so yes, as far as the APA is concerned, their opinion of the Nic is completely irrelevant as it relates to the West position.

The APA has no say over what the West Committee presents to the arbitration panel...

Absolutely true. Because the only two parties are the APA and USAPA. There is NO West committee and there will be nothing a so called West committee will be involved in to present anything to anybody. Certainly not an arbitration panel.

Absolutely true. Because the only two parties are the APA and USAPA. There is NO West committee and there will be nothing a so called West committee will be involved in to present anything to anybody. Certainly not an arbitration panel.

I'm sure it's all spelled out in the protocol agreement right? Wait....where IS the protocol agreement?

The NMB is about to wipe your fake union off the map as designed by Silver. You're not going to like what happens after that...care to guess WHY there isn't now, or ever going to be a protocol agreement?

Strange how you beat your chest about there being not West committee when both the APA and the Company want one. They're both playing USAPA for the idiots you are.

I'm sure it's all spelled out in the protocol agreement right? Wait....where IS the protocol agreement?

The NMB is about to wipe your fake union off the map as designed by Silver. You're not going to like what happens after that...care to guess WHY there isn't now, or ever going to be a protocol agreement?

Well let's come back in 2 days and see what's the deal with the protocol agreement. Even though the protocol agreement has been extended twice, the SLI is still due on March 9th or the arbitration process begins. I personally think they are working on a deal that once the protocol agreement is agreed to, the actual SLI will follow very soon after that. But lets wait until the 18th and see what information is revealed about the protocol agreement. I'm personally not involved with the protocol negotiating so I have no idea what's occurring behind the scenes. Evidently unlike every West poster on here that seems to be personally involved in the negotiations and knows exactly what every side is thinking and proposing...

Anyway, interested to see what happens on the 18th...

Why would there need to be a west committee other than to tell the arbitration panel to check the Nic? The M-B arbitrators are only merging US/AA, not redoing the US/HP merger. They will likely toss anything other than the Nic that USAPA offers. If they pass a DOH list, the company may say they have not accepted the DOH as a valid integrated list. In fact they may demand concessions off the MOU in order to accept it. APA may have an issue with that.

Strange how you beat your chest about there being not West committee when both the APA and the Company want one. They're both playing USAPA for the idiots you are.

Beat my chest? Hardly. You will not find any post of mine where I beat my chest or get involved in all the name calling (like your quote above where you call me an idiot) that constantly goes on here and on other boards. I simply voice my opinion and try to read the actual documents that come out and sift through all the BS and see what the law actually says.

In the case of a West committee, I don't think the RLA allows for anyone other than the legal CBA (USAPA) to bargain for the US Airways pilots. It seems even Judge Silver agreed with that part of the law. I think the only way the West could possibly get "a seat at the table" is if USAPA, APA and the company all agree to it. Otherwise, the law must be followed, and that means USAPA is our agent for the SLI.

I agree with ALG. If USAPA had not been allowed to drag this out forever and been forced to do their job, the DFR would have been completed long ago.

Not only let them hang themselves, force them to.

In the case of a West committee, I don't think the RLA allows for anyone other than the legal CBA (USAPA) to bargain for the US Airways pilots.
RLA? Did you mean McCaskill-Bond? Assuming you did, the key is the "s" when it say it applies to employee groups. So it isn't prohibited.
It seems even Judge Silver agreed with that part of the law. I think the only way the West could possibly get "a seat at the table" is if USAPA, APA and the company all agree to it. Otherwise, the law must be followed, and that means USAPA is our agent for the SLI.
You're confused about several things. First, the NMB will rule and USAPA will no longer exist, possibly as soon as April.

Second, when the APA becomes the CBA for all of us they will be bound by a Duty to Fairly Represent all of us. That's why they will appoint committees to represent all sides for the arbitration. And that's also why they will allow for separate West representation (and they will ignore the East's objections). Since you claim to have read the court filings surely you know that any deviation from the Nicolau list will very likely elicit an injunction from the inevitable West lawsuit.

Our reps feel a Protocol Agreement won't be reached and the NMB ruling will make it moot. Let's see how things transpire this week.

. Let's see how things transpire this week.

Agreed. Anything other than that will just be re-hashing the same things that have been posted by all sides for years...

One thing is for sure, the end to this whole mess is closing in fast. Whichever side is ultimately proven to be right, I'll just be glad this is all finally in the past... See you Tuesday for the next episode... :)

Latest resources

Back