Goodbye usapa!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And there's your problem 71driver.

Did you really think that you'd keep your 23-33% seniority coming across to a much larger carrier? Please. Your expectations were inflated if that's the case. A career at SW didn't equal a career at AirTran. I'm not saying AirTran wasn't a good gig for many, it just all changed when your CEO hit the cash register.

No I didn't say that and our merger committee wasn't expecting that either. What I did tell the merger committee was if I was going to loss more than 10% or 750 Pilot places on the seniority list then I thought arbitration was where it should go. As to your reference to a much larger carrier..I am not as enamored about Southwest as apparently many of it's employees are..not because of what transpired...sure that stings...but objectively the next 10-15 yrs will not be like the last 10-15.
Y'all experienced some linear type growth...well at least til 2008ish/2009. riding on the coat tails or operating in the shadows of the legacies. You were a niche carrier with very low fares. now not so much. post 911 ALL the legacies have "reset" themselves to a more competitve footing. In adddition, they are all about twice the size they were. Southwest, has shrunk to #4. Your fares are really not low cost any more yet your product is. y'all are seriously lacking in inovating yourselves...you have been driving into the future for the past 10-20yrs using your rearview mirror of past success. Y'all don't want to be like Kodak or Blackberry

So yes you are a larger carrier, but I am just not sure what the future will be like at Southwest

A career at SW didn't equal a career at AirTran.

even pre 911 knowing where your career will ultimately go is shady at best...post 911 it's a crap shoot...yes even for Southwest

I'm not saying AirTran wasn't a good gig for many, it just all changed when your CEO hit the cash register.

Actually going back to Joe and yes....as you say even bob, both these guys were old school legacy born and bred type of guys. They stuffed there pockets the best they could.To bad really, I said back in 2006 if we were able to remove the top 3 teirs of the corporate structure at Airtran and insert the top 3 teirs of Southwest's corporate structure, we could've kick some aviation butt :)

Yes your guys are good, I am still amazed at the revenue they generate from the product offered

71driver,

There is NO way any arbitration award would have bumped ALL AT 737 Capts to the right seat, especially since AT was bringing the same planes over, with more options. Even the TWA guys kept 767 and MD80 Capt slots in STL with their AA merger, which was pretty much a staple. You guys got hosed.

Bye Bye---General Lee

71driver,

There is NO way any arbitration award would have bumped ALL AT 737 Capts to the right seat,
Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey dumbfu(k, my bud was at AT when it was VJ, pretty senior, and he got bumped to the right seat. He surely didn't want to go to swa.

If not all, then most.

Hey dumbfu(k, my bud was at AT when it was VJ, pretty senior, and he got bumped to the right seat. He surely didn't want to go to swa.

If not all, then most.

Uhhhhh, what? I thought the AT guys got screwed, and I bet he thinks so too... Right?

Bye Bye---General Lee

If not all, then most.

And another thing, how does your friend, the one who got bumped thanks to being at the smaller airline, think of your lame group doing the same to the Westies? Is he still your friend? He shouldn't be, you are a total loser. How ironic you think he got hosed, and you can't see your group did the same. What a bunch of tools.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Hey Jenny, just saw ya on the Regional board as Mercyful now you're here as Jenny like a minute or two later. Busted! You putz!

Last edited:
The two West members of USAPA Merger Committee have resigned via email in a letter dated 30 Jan 14. APA will only accept a 2 merger commitee and not 3 for the seniority integration protocol agreement. It appears DOH and the NIC will not be used.

Last edited:
The two West members of USAPA Merger Committee have resigned via email in a letter dated 30 Jan 14. APA will only accept a 2 merger commitee and not 3 for the seniority integration protocol agreement. It appears DOH and the NIC will not be used.

Which of course opens the door for more lawsuits. I'm guessing it will be a long time before you have a SLI.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back