Goodbye usapa!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It appears US Airways, Inc. wants a 3-way:

US Airways, as the Intervenor in the Addington II DFR lawsuit, filed a petition is Judge Silver's courtroom today. US Airways, aka as American Airlines, is seeking:

INTERVENOR US AIRWAYS, INC.?S MOTION TO CORRECT COURT?S JUDGMENT PURSUANT TO FEDERAL RULE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE 60(A) AND TO MODIFY COURT?S ORDER PURSUANT TO RULES 52(B) AND 59(E).

A three way is what the company and the plaintiff asked for in the trial. They lost. The judge denied the West any separate representation, and she did so by the terms of the MB statute itself. She declared such a request to be unlawful. Why would the company toss in a last minute motion to have the judge reverse herself (and effectively ask her to write words that encourage a violation of the statute) after the trial is already finished? I would suggest a careful reading of the request shows the company wants Silver to amplify the fact that the order (that ruled on the meaning of the MB statute) is binding on the West Class, thus assuring that the SLI will go on as the MOU states and the MB statute provides.

A three way is what the company and the plaintiff asked for in the trial. They lost. The judge denied the West any separate representation, and she did so by the terms of the MB statute itself. She declared such a request to be unlawful. Why would the company toss in a last minute motion to have the judge reverse herself (and effectively ask her to write words that encourage a violation of the statute) after the trial is already finished? I would suggest a careful reading of the request shows the company wants Silver to amplify the fact that the order (that ruled on the meaning of the MB statute) is binding on the West Class, thus assuring that the SLI will go on as the MOU states and the MB statute provides.

Agreed.

Have you read the Proposed APA Protocol Agreement?

Especially if they have the wording binding in them.....

Everything is negotiable. That's just life. :)
Actually I agree that everything IS negotiable. The only problem is it is only negotiable prior to signing on the dotted line, then it is no longer up to negotiation!

bind-ing (bīn′dĭng)- Imposing or commanding adherence to a commitment, an obligation, or a duty: binding arbitration; a binding agreement.

Actually I agree that everything IS negotiable. The only problem is it is only negotiable prior to signing on the dotted line, then it is no longer up to negotiation!

bind-ing (bīn′dĭng)- Imposing or commanding adherence to a commitment, an obligation, or a duty: binding arbitration; a binding agreement.

We negotiated all the terms. One specific provision was that the agreement itself was negotiable, until the terms to make it binding occurred, which they never did. C'est la vie.

Oh, the irony!

The APA will be your new CBA. USAPA and whatever proposals they were in favor for are soon dead. The APA has a DFR to all pilots and the company is equally responsible to provide a fair process. Both of those things USAPA has deliberately failed miserably at. That's why silver ordered your scab union into lame duck status and is on death watch. If the APA allows for a west committee to introduce the Nic and argue for it there is absolutely nothing you or your scab former union can do to stop it. The APA is insisting on a 3 way arbitration. I've seen their protocol proposal. That's why you don't now, or ever will even get a protocol agreement let alone a negotiated list.

See, it's a democracy. Whatever the majority wants gets it. Remember?

Latest resources

Back