good things at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
piaggiop180 said:
The money I was referring to was what do the heads of the teamsters make. You never answered that question so I did my own research and found out. It was $600,000 or more. That to me seems like an awful lot of money could they not make a normal salary and reduce dues? If they were so rightous wouldn't they do this? Lastly, why do you never use the word teamsters. YOU ARE TEAMSTERS LIKE IT OR NOT.

Dude...how many times does it have to be said? Nobody in LOCAL 1108 is making money on this. We are all volunteers. You really are showing your lack of intelligence. As for higher ups in IBT? It's a small percentage of our monthly dues (mine was $57.41 last month) that go to the people running all of Teamsters. I could care less if one of those dozen or so are making 600g or double that. It's the local that counts. Most of us made at least a few grand in grievances won last year. Would you trade the 8000$+ I received in grievance settlements for less than 700$ per yr in dues???
...Yeah, I guess you probably would.

WE HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION! Go educate yourself!

Last edited:
pig,
What is your point? 25% goes to national. End of story. We get many resources for that 25%. In my humble opinion, it is well worth my 25% of the dues. Now if your only argurment is "he makes a lot of money!!!!!". Well, you may need to go and regroup. Maybe you should scream about your CEO making MILLIONS, while he runs the company into the ground. Or while he spits on your labor group.

Enough with the FUD.

One off topic question for Piaggiop180:

I notice 8000 total time, military and civilian.

What kind of jets have you flown? What type ratings do you have?

Where did you accumulate the majority of your time? In what aircraft?

I'm very interested as it may paint a better picture for us.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
piaggiop180 said:
gunfyter the reason we haven't been paid more is because the company is three years old and just became profitable. The best part is you get to fly a Piaggio. Flew a cj for three years and would never go back. This plane kick is ars

Sounds great. You have nothing to worry about then.

piaggiop180 said:
gunfyter the reason we haven't been paid more is because the company is three years old and just became profitable. The best part is you get to fly a Piaggio. Flew a cj for three years and would never go back. This plane kick is ars

Pig, Avantair is not profitable. I know they're losing money on operations every day. The only they keep going is by selling new airplanes. It's a house of cards. When they stop buying Piaggios they would have to restructure the management fees or go under.

This is all beside the point. Like Hyper said, so what if the company is not profitable? The part that makes you stupid is the fact that you don't care that up till now you could make more at Burgur King that you could being away from your family for 8 days. And if they were being so fair and nice why did they raise the pay as soon as a union was looming? Oh, I forgot , they were working on it for the last month. When's the last time anybody from the company held a conference call to say " Hey guys, what's the word on the street and how can things be improved?" Except now, when somebody rocks the boat. And how many emails have we gotten with the CEO talking about his " extended family." Would somebody kick his family out of their house for a disagreement? No family man I know. I'm not saying a company should be run like a family, but we didnt start that type of talk. One disagreement and people get kicked out with no explanation. That should be indication enough of how people view the pilot group.

ce750drvr said:
Dude,
You are really starting to show your lack of experience here. So, here we go again..

First, what have I said that is mis-information?

Second, I'm not your union rep, and I'm on a public forum, so what does it matter? And again, I will ask, what have I said that is mis-information?

Third, your "fact" about top level union heads make xxx,xxx. Who cares. My answer to your question was what OUR local 1108 reps make. Again, they make their YOS wages. You continue to imply that I am misrepresenting OUR local 1108 reps salaries. Who cares if top union officials started out as stewards. Do you think all CEO's of fortune 500 companies just walked into that job? NO. You always start off at the bottom somewhere in life.

Fourth, Sure, we will most likely be stuck with our pay for five years. You and all of the others may get your raise, and I hope you do. But guess what? Do you think you will continuous raises every year for five years? NO. Our contract will be negotiated again in five years, we will get OUR raise and then you will get yours ( stay with me here). When? In five years. Huh? Is that coincidence? Nope. You got it because SOMEONE raised the bar again. Doesn't necessarily have to be us. Could be anybody. This is called wage competition and has been around long before you and I have been in this world.

Fifth, you keep believing what you want. Reality is harsh. Be careful because it will bite you in the azz.

Sixth, here are the questions from page three. I was asking you to be more clear on what you were wanting to know.

-what money? Our new contract? Don't get your question.
-there isn't any propaganda here. I answered your friggin question. How is that propaganda?

You have a serious attitude problem. You asked, I answered. The answers weren't good enough for you, so you acted like a six year old with your smart azz comments. Grow up.

ce750drvr, you the man.

piaggiop180 said:
Ok for the learning impaired the Teamsters made a huge deal out of the high level salaries at NetJets yet it makes me wonder why you don't care about the massive salaries that union officials are receiving from the pilots at NJ. Why is it that if anyone has a different opinion he is a "moron" or "doesn't know what he is talking about". Why is it that people in Unions are never happy? Don't try to say you are happy because your posts say otherwise. You got your contract that you are so happy with yet all you people do is cry like a bunch of sick babies.

The money I was referring to was what do the heads of the teamsters make. You never answered that question so I did my own research and found out. It was $600,000 or more. That to me seems like an awful lot of money could they not make a normal salary and reduce dues? If they were so rightous wouldn't they do this? Lastly, why do you never use the word teamsters. YOU ARE TEAMSTERS LIKE IT OR NOT.

This is getting regoddammdiculous. Yes you are entitled to an opinion. You are not, however, educating yourself as to what is entailed in a union composition. You demand to know what a union CEO (or equivalent) makes per year. I don't know. You say 600.000. Ok, good for him. We told you what our local makes. Wasn't good enough for you.

I am very happy where I am. During negotiations I was not. You are the one who seems to not be happy. We got ours. Where is yours? We like unions, you don't. That is our opinion. All I have done is state fact here. How is that "crying like a sick baby"? Have you read your own post? Read 'em again, you will see who sounds like a sick baby.

Like I said, grow up. :rolleyes:

Taste great.....Less Filling.....Taste Great....Less Filling... Taste great.....Less Filling.....Taste Great....Less Filling...
Taste great.....Less Filling.....Taste Great....Less Filling... Taste great.....Less Filling.....Taste Great....Less Filling...

I did not realize that the only people on these boards were flight sim pros, union reps and management. Dang I feel cheated.......just to think I thought I was reading posts made by real live professionals pilots. My world has been crushed.... I think I'll go find me a management/union board and start posting on it.

By the way ...how is the Piaggio holding up in the frac world regarding reliability, maint,parts etc.

Here’s another one from page 3 that Piag180 never answered.

piaggiop180 said:
how long does it take to upgrade to left seat? get used to that right seat you are going to be there for a long, long time. All the while we will be earning more flying left seat. Oh wait can you set the localizer frequency for me

NJA bound said:
That made a whole lot of sense, what is it your Capts. are pulling in right now, 40K last I heard. I am doing better than that right now. Even if it takes 6 years to upgrade, I'll be content making 60K plus flying from the right seat 15 days a month, don't know how you all single pilot plane jockeys do it at Avantair, but the copilots do fly the plane at NetJets.
And once I do get in the left seat my salary will double again, what is it you're making over there again? LOL

country said:
By the way ...how is the Piaggio holding up in the frac world regarding reliability, maint,parts etc.

The honest answer would be, not very well. The official answer would, works great, lasts a long time, will fly 1500 miles with 7 pax.

All the parts come from Italy, and they don't seem to make many spare parts. The MEL is so small as to be practically useless. The company has so oversold the plane, that it's costing them a boatload of money in farming out charters to other places.

But hey, we have a crack management team that's going to give us all raises, sing Kumbayah with us, and lead us blindly on our merry way.

Latest resources

Back