good things at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
piaggiop180 said:
From what I hear in short order we will be paid more than the NetJet pilots who fly Hawker 400's and thats before union dues.

I'll keep it up... and you keep up the nonsense you have been posting like the example above.

If management is so benevolent... Why are you not already paid more than NJ? The truth is , IF you are paid more its only an attempt to avoid a union.

UNION DUES; IT DOESN'T COST -- IT PAYS

You wil have a hard time finding a NJ pilot who in 2005, did not collect more in class action grievances payments than the total of all union Dues he has paid since he stepped on the property.

Last edited:
Here’s another one Piag180 never answered.

piaggiop180 said:
how long does it take to upgrade to left seat? get used to that right seat you are going to be there for a long, long time. All the while we will be earning more flying left seat. Oh wait can you set the localizer frequency for me

NJA bound said:
That made a whole lot of sense, what is it your Capts. are pulling in right now, 40K last I heard. I am doing better than that right now. Even if it takes 6 years to upgrade, I'll be content making 60K plus flying from the right seat 15 days a month, don't know how you all single pilot plane jockeys do it at Avantair, but the copilots do fly the plane at NetJets.
And once I do get in the left seat my salary will double again, what is it you're making over there again? LOL

I love promises from management. They are so good at keeping their word.
Piaggio, you keep being a good little worker bee. I am sure your bank will take your boss's word as payment for your kids college or mortgage. :rolleyes:

If it is not in writing................

Promises like candy

There are many people who balk at the fight. They hide and place their confidence in the hands of employers. Management preys on this weakness by distributing promises like candy during organizing drives and quickly reneging if the workers lose the election. But management must be held accountable. As Teamsters we stand up and tackle the challenges that imperil working families.

--James P Hoffa--

P180, I can't speak for other locals (nor should you) but I can tell you that every union rep /pilot in 1108 also flies the line and receives NO extra money for the VOLUNTEER work they do for their fellow pilots and their families. The leadership may have temporary assignments (like contract negotiations/implementation) but those meetings are done in conjunction with the company. On his days off, my husband spends a lot of hours at his desk, but the many NJ pilots who benefit from his efforts would never call it hiding/riding. Your ignorance is showing!

netjetwife said:
P180, I can't speak for other locals (nor should you) but I can tell you that every union rep /pilot in 1108 also flies the line and receives NO extra money for the VOLUNTEER work they do for their fellow pilots and their families. The leadership may have temporary assignments (like contract negotiations/implementation) but those meetings are done in conjunction with the company. On his days off, my husband spends a lot of hours at his desk, but the many NJ pilots who benefit from his efforts would never call it hiding/riding. Your ignorance is showing!

Wifey,

Just forget it. PIG is never gonna get it through his skull. He sounds like FG. Our answers are not what he wants to hear so he continues his scavanger hunt. He is hell bent on believing what he thinks is the truth about unions. Ignorance is bliss, he just won't educate himself.

piaggiop180 said:
Cedric. What question on page three? Is this some more misinformation and name calling? I am shocked a teamster rep would never do such a thing. Here are some facts the highly over paid union reps at locals who earn up wards of $600,000 all started as you guessed it union stewards. It is the ground floor of the union.

From what I hear in short order we will be paid more than the Net Jet pilots who fly Hawker 400's and thats before union dues. That would be pretty funny after all when everyone elses salary goes up you are stuck with your collective bargaining agreement with no way to change it. Who knows maybe our salaries will increase again in the future and we will make even more. Word is management has asked for the pilots help to make the schedule a 7 and 7. Good Things at Avant air. Interesting we are trying to work together not be torn apart. Sometimes it does work.

Dude,
You are really starting to show your lack of experience here. So, here we go again..

First, what have I said that is mis-information?

Second, I'm not your union rep, and I'm on a public forum, so what does it matter? And again, I will ask, what have I said that is mis-information?

Third, your "fact" about top level union heads make xxx,xxx. Who cares. My answer to your question was what OUR local 1108 reps make. Again, they make their YOS wages. You continue to imply that I am misrepresenting OUR local 1108 reps salaries. Who cares if top union officials started out as stewards. Do you think all CEO's of fortune 500 companies just walked into that job? NO. You always start off at the bottom somewhere in life.

Fourth, Sure, we will most likely be stuck with our pay for five years. You and all of the others may get your raise, and I hope you do. But guess what? Do you think you will get continuous raises every year for five years? NO. Our contract will be negotiated again in five years, we will get OUR raise and then you will get yours ( stay with me here). When? In five years. Huh? Is that coincidence? Nope. You got it because SOMEONE raised the bar again. Doesn't necessarily have to be us. Could be anybody. This is called wage competition and has been around long before you and I have been in this world.

Fifth, you keep believing what you want. Reality is harsh. Be careful because it will bite you in the azz.

Sixth, here are the questions from page three. I was asking you to be more clear on what you were wanting to know.

-what money? Our new contract? Don't get your question.
-there isn't any propaganda here. I answered your friggin question. How is that propaganda?

You have a serious attitude problem. You asked, I answered. The answers weren't good enough for you, so you acted like a six year old with your smart azz comments. Grow up.

Last edited:
Ok for the learning impaired the Teamsters made a huge deal out of the high level salaries at NetJets yet it makes me wonder why you don't care about the massive salaries that union officials are receiving from the pilots at NJ. Why is it that if anyone has a different opinion he is a "moron" or "doesn't know what he is talking about". Why is it that people in Unions are never happy? Don't try to say you are happy because your posts say otherwise. You got your contract that you are so happy with yet all you people do is cry like a bunch of sick babies.

The money I was referring to was what do the heads of the teamsters make. You never answered that question so I did my own research and found out. It was $600,000 or more. That to me seems like an awful lot of money could they not make a normal salary and reduce dues? If they were so rightous wouldn't they do this? Lastly, why do you never use the word teamsters. YOU ARE TEAMSTERS LIKE IT OR NOT.

gunfyter the reason we haven't been paid more is because the company is three years old and just became profitable. The best part is you get to fly a Piaggio. Flew a cj for three years and would never go back. This plane kick is ars

piaggiop180 said:
Ok for the learning impaired the Teamsters made a huge deal out of the high level salaries at NetJets yet it makes me wonder why you don't care about the massive salaries that union officials are receiving from the pilots at NJ. Why is it that if anyone has a different opinion he is a "moron" or "doesn't know what he is talking about". Why is it that people in Unions are never happy? Don't try to say you are happy because your posts say otherwise. You got your contract that you are so happy with yet all you people do is cry like a bunch of sick babies.

The money I was referring to was what do the heads of the teamsters make. You never answered that question so I did my own research and found out. It was $600,000 or more. That to me seems like an awful lot of money could they not make a normal salary and reduce dues? If they were so rightous wouldn't they do this? Lastly, why do you never use the word teamsters. YOU ARE TEAMSTERS LIKE IT OR NOT.

Who cares? As long as you're getting paid a fair wage for you and your family, why the heii would you possibly care what they make. If I'm making my fair wage due to their efforts and collective power, I could care less if they're millionares. If you can do it on your own, do it.....then complain about what they make. Why don't you do some digging and find out what your corporate clans make, while you're on par with a retail manager.

avantair has never been profitable (not unusual, most aren't). Maybe you selected a wrong choice of words, or maybe your info is wrong.

I'd rather fly anything than a cj.......

Latest resources

Back