• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good bye SL9 Greed- no sir.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Prior to Sept 26th the work rules, QOL, medical payment, and PAY were horrible for a LCC.

Now? Career airline that was completely viable, plenty of orders (which obviously means more growth...except they were low on cash for those orders), and it was a great job. Give me a break guys, really disengenious.

Prior to Sept 26th the work rules, QOL, medical payment, and PAY were horrible for a LCC.

Now? Career airline that was completely viable, plenty of orders (which obviously means more growth...except they were low on cash for those orders), and it was a great job. Give me a break guys, really disengenious.

It's like the N. Pelosi School of Utter Bull$hit around here.

Keep repeating a lie over and over and eventually it will become the truth

i am a junior capt and will get hammered for saying this by my fellow pilots, but yes, i think this is where it should have been to start with. Doh, no fences, no capt protections and let the chips fall where they may. I don't want to be a second class citizen for the rest of my career.

Disclaimer- this is just one humble pilots opinion, so if you don't agree, move on. We didn't get a vote in the current situation.

+1

I will chime in also. I have been a captain at AirTran for over 4 years now. If it came down to D.O.H. I'd take that over the last deal. I'd lose my captain seat for awhile...let the SWA senior F.O.'s have it...but gain better global system seniority. That last deal had me keeping my seat but sitting reserve for 12+ years while bouncing from base to base. I'm a 2003 hire at AT fwiw.

We work for SWA now why would they LOL.

But seriously, if your at the bottom of any list and have the op to move up to a better company, better paying career or simply a flying career that fits your life's ambitions better why not. I'd say most FO's that came to AT recently planned on staying.

First, you do not work for SWA yet.

Second, of course your FO's are not talking about leaving. Where in the heck would they be going???? Amway school....

And then they took half of it back to pay your health insurance.-

--that's no joke our insurance is the highest I've paid anywhere! We susidize all other employee groups.

OK. My airline paid me $3000 to do the same. Except I had to make a thirty minute stop in MCI.-

-- and that my friends is awesome,

Latest resources

Back