• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GoJet strikes a wingtip on landing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good post, most of the people that sit in judgement and make the the rules fly the line very little. They should have LCPs on the ERC and SOP committees instead of corporate ladder climbers.

To discuss the mistakes of others is completely unprofessional.

You should all be ashamed.

i'd rather people talk about crosswind technique than bang up an airplane...but yeah that should have been learned a long time back

A captain doing a walk around? Must have been in Mexico, the Caribbean or Florida.

When I was at XJ the Captain was on the hook for a post flight walk around. FO's always did the pre flight walk around but the Capt always did the post flight walk around. It was a Capt who discovered the damage on a post flight walk around 4 days after the wing tip strike happened.

I can't believe people who get paid to fly passengers are having a discussion about what is and isn't proper crosswind technique. Simply unbelievable.

This thread wouldn't exist and you wouldn't be here viewing it, if someone at Gojets didn't just exhibit 'improper crosswind technique'.

I have seen poor or improper crosswind technique both at the regionals and at the majors, both from Captains and from FOs.

The fact that you can't believe there are some 'passenger flying professionals' that use poor crosswind technique tells me that every pilot at your airline exhibits perfect crosswind skills or you are one of the pilots that does not know or recognize the difference. I suspect the latter.

This thread wouldn't exist and you wouldn't be here viewing it, if someone at Gojets didn't just exhibit 'improper crosswind technique'.

I have seen poor or improper crosswind technique both at the regionals and at the majors, both from Captains and from FOs.

The fact that you can't believe there are some 'passenger flying professionals' that use poor crosswind technique tells me that every pilot at your airline exhibits perfect crosswind skills or you are one of the pilots that does not know or recognize the difference. I suspect the latter.
Very well said. I too have seen much too much poor technique by professionals who you would think would have it down by now. This is an area where I think former CFIs (especially tailwheel guys) may do better than some others--the whole primacy of training thing. I think many pilots who never had really solid primary training can get away with a lot of poor crosswind technique because of the forgiveness of tricycle-gear airplanes, most of the time. It would be interesting to see the type of previous experience of the pilot involved here.

Latest resources

Back