• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

goat-tee in JetBlue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not only do the goat-tees look unprofessional, but I had a Jetblue captain address me as Dude! Very disrespectful. I would never dream of saying Hey Dude, to another pilot. Am I just getting old? Also, I forgot that everything is Awesome these days. I used to just use that word to describe the Grand Canyon. Maybe someone can address me as Captain Awesome Dude!

I was on the van with Delta crew 2 weeks ago and the Captain had his top button undone and was wearing an unpressed shirt. Clearly he pulled it out of the dryer and put it on. Last week on the bus at EWR a Continental crew gets on and the F/O's shirt collar was yellow. Again, not washed well and not ironed.
Should I continue?

Yes you probably are getting on if something like that bothers you. You were a guest on his/her airplane. Why don't you show them some respect and shut your trap. There is quite a lack of professionalism in the airline industry today. Sorry to break the news to you.

Not only do the goat-tees look unprofessional, but I had a Jetblue captain address me as Dude! Very disrespectful. I would never dream of saying Hey Dude, to another pilot. Am I just getting old? Also, I forgot that everything is Awesome these days. I used to just use that word to describe the Grand Canyon. Maybe someone can address me as Captain Awesome Dude!

DUDE! Shut the F... UP!

Goatee: Cool
Tatoos on forearms: Excellent
Look on Delta Captain's face when I asked for the jumpseat: PRICELESS!

Not getting the jumpseat... even more PRICELESS. Take a seat in the terminal... and I'll think about it.

The Goat-tee... the mullet of the new Millennium !

Last edited:
Many, years ago (1991) a Delta Capt. would not allow an FAA ACI on his jumpseat because he did not meet the "grooming" standards" that were then in effect for the flight crews. I think it was a beard issue. This debacle went all the way up to Washington before cooler heads prevailed. To my knowledge there was no follow through punishment for the Capt although the threat of some serious time off was real. I guess some guys have the balls to stand up for their beliefs and those policies in effect at the company, at that time and in this case, the company backed him to the hilt.

Many, years ago (1991) a Delta Capt. would not allow an FAA ACI on his jumpseat because he did not meet the "grooming" standards" that were then in effect for the flight crews. I think it was a beard issue.

I have heard the same type of story at United. The FAA ATC jumpseater had long hair and a beard. The Captain told him he has time to go to the airport barber. The guy went and got a "shave and haircut". When he came back, the captain said, "you dont look like the guy in your ID picture". Denied him the jumpseat after all that.

This was back in the mid 80s. UAL flight from LAX to HNL.

I have heard the same type of story at United. The FAA ATC jumpseater had long hair and a beard. The Captain told him he has time to go to the airport barber. The guy went and got a "shave and haircut". When he came back, the captain said, "you dont look like the guy in your ID picture". Denied him the jumpseat after all that.

This was back in the mid 80s. UAL flight from LAX to HNL.

That's really funny!

Dude, chill out. I use it because I am so old that I can't remember anyone's name anymore, but I CAN remember "dude"

Yes, you are old.......fella

and mustaches are really 2008? come on get over it, not all goatees are as grunge as shaggy from scooby doo..

No no no... goatees are 1998, mustaches are 1978.

Wearing a goatee today is similar to people who were still wearing parachute pants in 1990. So take off that "Where's the beef?" T-shirt and get with the times.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back